On the bright side....

lazyhawkfan

at least this happened on a weekend with a ton of huge match ups that are going to eat up all the media coverage anyway. This will be a short blip in the coverage. If it happened last week the coverage would have been much worse for us. At least there are plenty of bigger national story lines that will distract the national attention from this. It will still suck having to listen to it though.

You're not going to worry about it for long, because I don't even think the Big 10 Network wants to air Iowa/Rutgers or Iowa/jNW.

at least this happened on a weekend with a ton of huge match ups that are going to eat up all the media coverage anyway. This will be a short blip in the coverage. If it happened last week the coverage would have been much worse for us. At least there are plenty of bigger national story lines that will distract the national attention from this. It will still suck having to listen to it though.

Espn will still stand on the top of every building and yell it for at least a week.

FSU getting spanked has GOT to be talked about just as much..I mean come on, they jumped up to #2 just to get bent by the possible Heisman winner? They better talk about that ;)

Unfortunately we are still a big story this week. If it's possible we have to go prove this team is legit (us and NDSU) by winning several in a row.

only "bright side" is my expectations for this season are lowered substantially. I don't think that counts though.