On Texas A&M and the SEC - College Football Nation-ESPN

Last edited:
Not surprised by the A&M upoar. I am more surprised that Oklahoma is not more ****** at what has transpired. Maybe they are and are just playing things closer to the vest.

I thought maybe Texas would be playing a little nicer with its conference brethren since realignment but now I'm wondering if the Big 12 will be around for much longer.

Here is another link.Alabama | MrSEC.com

Last edited:
The fact that Texas can basically run that conference will anger the other schools pretty quickly. Especially A&M and Oklahoma. Texas' new TV deal with ESPN doesn't help the situation much either.

And what would happen to our little brothers???? Hopefully, there would be spot open in the MAC. At least they would be competitive in that league. Any way you look at it, the clowns would basically be out of the major BCS conferences and would be playing in a league like the Mountain West, MAC, or Conference USA. Which also means their income would drop dramatically. The State of Iowa would truly only have one major team left, which would help the U of I greatly. Plus, clown fans could gracefully or ungracefully (who really cares) fade into the far background of college football.

The clowns would have difficulty in ANY league they might join. Recruiting is a nightmare for the clowns now. Imagine their recruiting if they joined the Mountain West, MAC, or conference USA. Their recruiting base would basically be like UNI's, around the state of Iowa and lower tier players from nearby states. The clowns would basically be battling for recruits with UNI.

What a wonderful scenario! The realignment can't happen too soon!

Texas does NOT need the rest of the Big 12, it is as simple as that. They have little competition in the Big 12 other than Oklahoma.

If Texas A&M moves to the SEC, THAT scenario changes the scene for Texas. Even WITH their contract, what would fans (other than Texas fans) want to watch---games with the clowns, KSU, Kan, and Misourri or games Texas A&M plays against SEC teams like Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Florida, and so on?

Plus the last thing that Texas WANTS is have the SEC move into the state of Texas. That conference has a lot of money and power to throw around.

And if things don't quite work as well as Texas wants, they will just become an independent or join the Pac10 or SEC (or maybe even the Big 10) and everyone else in the league can jump into the ocean.

If Texas A&M flys, that leaves the Big 12 conference wide open. A major player would be leaving. The rest of the conference would crumble...Oklahoma would quickly look to go elsewhere. That would truly be the end of the Pac12 conference.

In a major realignment, perhaps the Big 10 could persuade Texas and ND to join? Saying that, I don't want either in the league.

Texas does NOT need the rest of the Big 12, it is as simple as that. They have little competition in the Big 12 other than Oklahoma.

If Texas A&M moves to the SEC, THAT scenario changes the scene for Texas. Even WITH their contract, what would fans (other than Texas fans) want to watch---games with the clowns, KSU, Kan, and Misourri or games Texas A&M plays against SEC teams like Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Florida, and so on?

Plus the last thing that Texas WANTS is have the SEC move into the state of Texas. That conference has a lot of money and power to throw around.

And if things don't quite work as well as Texas wants, they will just become an independent or join the Pac10 or SEC (or maybe even the Big 10) and everyone else in the league can jump into the ocean.

If Texas A&M flys, that leaves the Big 12 conference wide open. A major player would be leaving. The rest of the conference would crumble...Oklahoma would quickly look to go elsewhere. That would truly be the end of the Pac12 conference.

In a major realignment, perhaps the Big 10 could persuade Texas and ND to join? Saying that, I don't want either in the league.
All of this, plus infinity

The fact that Texas can basically run that conference will anger the other schools pretty quickly. Especially A&M and Oklahoma. Texas' new TV deal with ESPN doesn't help the situation much either.

Obviously it doesn't. Well, maybe A&M doesn't dig it, but they have voted almost in lock-step with uterus since the conference was formed.

If A&M grows balls and moves to the SEC, contrary to what Clown fans think, it will likely spell doom for the conference. It will basically be the 1970's/80's Big 8, which won't be able to compete with the SEC, B1G, or Pac-12 for TV revenue.

texa$$ ruined the SWC, and Mr. Davis warned of this back when the conference was formed. So much for the "rainbows and lollipops" b.s. that the Little 9 were spouting just a few weeks ago.

The clones are screwed if the big 12 breaks up. Who would take them?

Not the Big Ten
Not the Pac Ten
They really don't fit with Mountain West, Sunbelt, WAC of Conf USA...

What's left...the MAC or Mizzou Valley?

The clones are screwed if the big 12 breaks up. Who would take them?

Not the Big Ten
Not the Pac Ten
They really don't fit with Mountain West, Sunbelt, WAC of Conf USA...

What's left...the MAC or Mizzou Valley?
No where, the Big 12 will just grab BYU. They are just waiting on an invite so is TCU. If in the end the Big 12 fails, the Big East. Which will likely make it the first 16 team football conference in America.

No where, the Big 12 will just grab BYU. They are just waiting on an invite so is TCU. If in the end the Big 12 fails, the Big East. Which will likely make it the first 16 team football conference in America.

LOL..you've obviously been living in a cave the past twelve months, sparky. TCU joined the BigLeast and BYU went independent for a reason. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL..you've obviously been living in a cave the past twelve months, sparky. TCU joined the BigLeast and BYU went independent for a reason. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
LOL, your name is national champs I should expect delusion. TCU is tapping their foot on Texas' door according to Orangebloods waiting for an invite. As for BYU just do a google search with BYU and Big 12 in the subject line, there has already been a conversation.

Reading through this thread makes me want to say something - F*ck Texas! I don't even want to imagine what my dislike for them would be if I was invested in a team in the B12.

LOL, your name is national champs I should expect delusion. TCU is tapping their foot on Texas' door according to Orangebloods waiting for an invite. As for BYU just do a google search with BYU and Big 12 in the subject line, there has already been a conversation.

Delusion, huh? Did you forget about all those National titles we have in wrestling? Once again you have outted yourself as an idiot. Congratulations!

Latest posts