On KCRG News they mentioned UNI is looking seriously to move up to Division 1

HaydenHawk56

in the next couple of years. A third Division 1 team in the state?

But, UNI might be the best team in the state this year, so not to surprising I guess.

Yes the Waterloo courier did a story on this. There are so many reasons this is a bad idea and IMO not any good reasons. They are where they should be.

Hey, someone wanted to sell newspapers. No way... the state of Iowa struggles every year to field 2 "BCS" FBS teams.

Please, it's such a joke I have to wonder why I even responded to such a ridiculous statement.

Yes Doublewide......I think UNI is probably going to beat Iowa and would beat ISU this year. They are likely the best team in the state this year.

Yes Doublewide......I think UNI is probably going to beat Iowa and would beat ISU this year. They are likely the best team in the state.

You are crazy. Ok, if somehow someway Purple Iowa beats you guys why would that crown them the champ in this state? I do not think they are better than ISU or Iowa. They hung in with an obviously over rated Wisky big deal. I think you guys will come out and beat them soundly. And if you guys somehow don't doesn't make them the best team in the state even if that thought will make you feel better about losing to ISU and UNI at home back to back weeks.

That is a little brother response and inferior complex at its finest. You are better than us this year.....but that does not mean you are necessarily the best team in the state. UNI has looked a lot better than both of our teams this year. Wisconsin would beat you and would beat us (despite their hick-up).

That said, I hope we do beat them. Could not stand losing to little brother and 3rd cousin in the same season. I'm sure that would make you sleep better at night. I know it would hurt to beat us, but to know deep down there is still somebody better in the state. Go figure huh?

And, I love it how an ISU fan comes out of the woodwork looking for approval when I did not specifically mention ISU.

And, for what is is worth, UNI has proven they can beat ISU teams in the past. Certainly hung in with you last year and had their chances. I think they beat you in Cedar Falls for sure. I would put money on that game.

I think you are lucky you don't play them.....

Last edited:
That is a little brother response and inferior complex at its finest. You are better than us this year.....but that does not mean you are necessarily the best team in the state. UNI has looked a lot better than both of our teams this year. Wisconsin would beat you and would beat us (despite their hick-up).

That said, I hope we do beat them. Could not stand losing to little brother and 3rd cousin in the same season. I'm sure that would make you sleep better at night. I know it would hurt to beat us, but to know deep down there is still somebody better in the state. Go figure huh?

And, I love it how an ISU fan comes out of the woodwork looking for approval when I did not specifically mention ISU.

And, for what is is worth, UNI has proven they can beat ISU teams in the past. Certainly hung in with you last year and had their chances. I think they beat you in Cedar Falls for sure. I would put money on that game.

Ya I'm not really sure about that right now, sounds like some left over butthurt.

Not really......just the truth. We will see how the UNI game goes. It will tell us far more.ou

Amazing....you guys win and are still looking for approval....on a Iowa message board no doubt.

Last edited:
UNI wants to go D1? They've got no business in FBS. As it is now they can regularly attract enough talent to go deep into the playoffs every few years and still put a few kids in the NFL every year. Some around there are still butt-hurt that Kurt hasn't lavished any riches upon his alma mater. /facepalm

So we can win at Kinnick, but not at the UNI Dome? Interesting. I do think UNI is a solid FCS team this year, but I think Iowa will get 'em at Kinnick. It'd be interesting to see the game played out, but you can't just go strictly by scores against a common opponent to see who is better. It's about what happens on the field between the two teams. You just come off as butthurt.

But UNI would struggle at the FBS level after a few years, IMO. But who knows, their athletic department is hurting for money.

LOL OK, you should feel lucky you don't play the schedule we do coming up. If you can't agree with that I can't help you.

If I'm not mistaken, ISU lost to UNI in 2006? Not sure why Clone fans find it so entertaining Iowa losing to UNI. You've experienced losing to them. Big deal if Iowa loses. Won't be that surprising. This Iowa team is as bad as that 2006 ISU team.

I would say that back in 2007, when they beat McCarney's bare cupboard, and Iowa that year was getting stomped by a couple TDs at home vs Indiana...that yes UNI was probably the best team in the state. But other than that year, not likely.

UNI has a RS freshman QB this year...hard to see UNI going out and beating both Iowa and ISU.

If I'm not mistaken, ISU lost to UNI in 2006? Not sure why Clone fans find it so entertaining Iowa losing to UNI. You've experienced losing to them. Big deal if Iowa loses. Won't be that surprising. This Iowa team is as bad as that 2006 ISU team.

2007, they beat them by 1 in 2006

Latest posts