OMG - Replay crews didn't have HD

glidinghawk

Bill Carollo, coordinator of Big Ten officials, just said that people in bars had better vantage points on replays than the replay booth officials did as they reviewed replays. That's because they didn't even have HD. What? Replay officials looking at fuzzy SD pictures to make a final determination? Yikes. Carollo said there will be other changes in technology.

GldiingHawk

Bill Carollo, coordinator of Big Ten officials, just said that people in bars had better vantage points on replays than the replay booth officials did as they reviewed replays. That's because they didn't even have HD. What? Replay officials looking at fuzzy SD pictures to make a final determination? Yikes. Carollo said there will be other changes in technology.

GldiingHawk

Wow, I didnt realize that. In fact I thought they had access to better angles and info than we have. This is disturbing and definately explains how some calls could still be blown even after review.

LOL, what's wrong with that. It helped us against Indiana, didn't it?

Haha. It definitely did. I watched that game again a few days ago and I can name at least three instances in which we benefited from poor calls. I think there might have been one that went their way. I remember thinking to myself "man I'd hate to be a Hoosier fan right now".

how bad can the footage be i mean come on we are getting spoiled as of late with the picture quality

I think between the game with Iowa where we may have gotten "favorable" calls and the Michigan game where they got screwed (IIRC) Indiana should be very happy with the changes.

Why not give the replay official a cell phone and send him to a local watering hole? Problem solved.

Aren't their replay cameras already interdimensional portals to Buffalo Wild Wings restaurants? They could see the HD screens from in there.

Latest posts