OMG CARVER WILL BE PACKED SO PUT YOUR KNITTING AWAY Iowa vs PSU game thread

Right now it might be Sparty. That Northwestern loss may have woke them up.
Even though Sparty beat them last week at home I am going to say Wisconsin. Johnny Davis makes them really, really special.

Sidenote: I was looking at the Net Rankings and I just realized Iowa doesn’t have a Q1 win. The only team in the NR top 25 that doesn’t. Looking at the remainder of Iowa’s schedule they have only 3 or 4 shots left at a Q1 win. I think they make the tournament, but they are going to get screwed in terms of seeding if they can’t “steal” 1 or 2 Q1 wins.

Last edited:
We have the only pt guard in the conference who passes up wide open 3s in rhythm and chucks it up as an afterthought.

Launch that missile, Commander

Launch it NOW

The button that isn't | Restricted Data

Even though Sparty beat them last week at home I am going say Wisconsin. Johnny Davis makes them really, really special.

Sidenote: I was looking at the Net Rankings and I just realized Iowa doesn’t have a Q1 win. The only team in the NR top 25 that doesn’t. Looking at the remainder of Iowa’s schedule they have only 3 or 4 shots left at a Q1 win. I think they make the tournament, but they are going to get screwed in terms of seeding if they can’t “steal” 1 or 2 Q1 wins.
Can teams play themselves into Q1 or do they have to be Q1 when you play them? I honestly don't know the answer.

Can teams play themselves into Q1 or do they have to be Q1 when you play them? I honestly don't know the answer.

Good question. My answer would be they have to be Q1 when you play them.

A quick google search and I came up with the following: "Game date and game order are not included in the NET rankings so a team's first game counts the same as its 30th."

An opponents NET rankings will fluctuate so it’s not where they are ranked when you play them. Iowa’s win against Indiana could easily turn into a Quad 1 win.