Olympics Thread - You Interested?

MelroseHawkins

I don't know what it is about this year, but I am really disinterested in viewing the Olympics. Not sure why but I just don't seek it out like years past. Anybody else have this same feeling? Just wondering.

I suppose this could be a thread to post any discussion about events or the USA teams, etc.. Like following Spencer Lee's path to a gold.

I agree. My wife watches it all of the time and records it when she can't watch it. I guess I don't have any interest in people I don't know competing in a bunch of different thing, 90% of which I don't know anything about or care about. I watch football, baseball, and college basketball. Since none of them are in the Olympics, I'd be watching things I wouldn't normally watch. Even worse, I see some of the Americans that are so cocky and unlikable, I end up cheering against them.

When the X games started to infiltrate the Olympics it really changed it. Skateboard was yesterday with guys with the baggy pants. Just keep it in the X games for krist sake.

Seems as though the World is catching up with the USA

The men's basketball game: Serbia vs The USA was one of the best basketball games
I have ever watched...

Definitely worth a ReWatch

Seems as though the World is catching up with the USA

The men's basketball game: Serbia vs The USA was one of the best basketball games
I have ever watched...

Definitely worth a ReWatch
I only watched the Men's team last weekend and they seemed like they were extremely talented but very disoriented on offense. Like they all didn't know how to run any offense that wasn't keyed on themselves each possession. So they went on big runs when they made defensive stops and were able to fast break, but often just waited 20 seconds of forced passes followed by a forced 3.

When the X games started to infiltrate the Olympics it really changed it. Skateboard was yesterday with guys with the baggy pants. Just keep it in the X games for krist sake.
I'm still a fan and still watch, but I was ok with the X games infiltration what I'm not ok with is the addition of break dancing. What's next freestyle rapping? Have no place with either as they're both an art, but not a sport that should be part of the olympics.

I'm still a fan and still watch, but I was ok with the X games infiltration what I'm not ok with is the addition of break dancing. What's next freestyle rapping? Have no place with either as they're both an art, but not a sport that should be part of the olympics.
Yes, this kind of crap that's added. Everybody that does something thinks they need to be in the Olympics. But, I think it kind of did start with adding those non-Olympic hobby sports.

I love watching the best athletes in the world compete at the highest level. That said I pretty much stick to watching swimming, track, & gymnastics. I have found it entertaining to watch a small amount of the "hobby" type sports. They're freaking incredible at what they do. Like table tennis for instance. Just amazing at how talented they are but only captivates me for about 5 minutes before i'm over it.

I get bored with swimming pretty easily, more interested in the track & field events. Yeah, the individual table tennis and badminton are pretty crazy. The 'olympic sport' that isn't a 'sport' to me are the equestrian events which involve horses. I mean, if you're going there, why not dog frisbee, or dog jumping, or dog herding? All involve humans. Skilled? Yes. A sport? No.

More of a winter Olympics fan.

I do like the Relays in track and swimming and middle distance track and field races.

USA Womens Soccer, playing Brazil for the GOLD

Tough babes on the Brazil team

They have carried three Brazil women off the field

And the USA is leading 1-0 late in the game

About 20 minutes

More than half the women's olympic basketball team won't put their hands on their hearts during the national anthem. Granted, they're at least there and on their feet, but if they're ashamed of our country, don't represent it. I realize it's all for attention, but still.

Rather interesting article on the NBA Gold Medal in Paris

Two outstanding victories over Serbia and France

Wonder how far we are from an International League

Last edited:

Latest posts