Oliver Martin offered by Oregon

Yeah, that's great and all but I am still not sold on this kid being B1G level talent.
Well thanks for your expert 'informed' opinion mr..........I'm sorry, who the hell are you and what are your credentials to judge talent :)

Finished 12th in the Nation in athletic testing at the big "Opening" event in Oregon:

Cm50CiJUMAAf9H7.jpg:large

I am also not sold that Oregon is going to be the same level of program as time progresses as they were under Chip Kelly.

Just not worried about Martin. We have solid WRs recruits coming in. If he does not want to be a Hawk so be it.

To say Oliver is not Big 10 material has to be sarcasm??? MVP at the Don Beebe camp, MVP in Chicago, 2nd best WR at the Oregon event 12th best overall out of 300. Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan State and Indiana say he is Big 10 ready. They must not know as much as a HN poster? I believe Oliver has always wanted to be a Hawk. The other offers and the future offers that will inevitably come will make it harder, but Iowa has a good shot. I wish they would have offered him sooner, but they had no idea he would blow up like he has. The Hawks would be lucky to have him.

To say Oliver is not Big 10 material has to be sarcasm??? MVP at the Don Beebe camp, MVP in Chicago, 2nd best WR at the Oregon event 12th best overall out of 300. Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan State and Indiana say he is Big 10 ready. They must not know as much as a HN poster? I believe Oliver has always wanted to be a Hawk. The other offers and the future offers that will inevitably come will make it harder, but Iowa has a good shot. I wish they would have offered him sooner, but they had no idea he would blow up like he has. The Hawks would be lucky to have him.
I think he'll still end up a Hawk but he'll have plenty of good options.. However because of how Iowa slow played his recruitment they've positioned themselves to possibly get burned. I'm sure Iowa's always wanted him they just figured they'd see who all else was out there that is 'better' that they could possibly get. Now that the picture has gotten more clear of the pecking order it is what it is.. If Iowa would have offered him and been after him like they should have been he more then likely would have committed a month or more ago.

Oregons tie to recruiting Iowa I think goes back to Scott Frost. He was at UNI for awhile I think right before he went to Oregon. And was for awhile. Now that he's down to South Florida or where ever I'm not sure what other ties they may still have. Never the less when Oregon is dipping into Iowa for skill guys that's telling you something... They got that DE a few years back from Cedar Rapids I believe that was a heck of an athlete.. So they've done it before...

Oregon got another elite wr a few years back, too. I think his name is Christuan Frenxh, and I think he was from Cedar Rapids. I think. Really don't want to lose this one! More than Darboh or French.

Let's be real. He's white and our natural bias makes us immediately think he can't be that talented of a receiver, until we think about it and realize that he really is talented.

Or you can look at the video and see how fluid and natural he looks at the position. He looks polished already it is as if his father played receiver at a high level and he passed the little nuances of playing the position to his kid. That is what my eyeballs are telling me. Just look at his highlight reel, the ability to separate, to catch the football with his hands, the ability to come in and out of breaks, it is all there........If you are doubting his ability because he is white then you are a fool.

Oregons tie to recruiting Iowa I think goes back to Scott Frost. He was at UNI for awhile I think right before he went to Oregon. And was for awhile. Now that he's down to South Florida or where ever I'm not sure what other ties they may still have. Never the less when Oregon is dipping into Iowa for skill guys that's telling you something... They got that DE a few years back from Cedar Rapids I believe that was a heck of an athlete.. So they've done it before...
There was also a DE from IC West that played at Iowa Western and then went to Oregon...jared something can't remember

Or you can look at the video and see how fluid and natural he looks at the position. He looks polished already it is as if his father played receiver at a high level and he passed the little nuances of playing the position to his kid. That is what my eyeballs are telling me. Just look at his highlight reel, the ability to separate, to catch the football with his hands, the ability to come in and out of breaks, it is all there........If you are doubting his ability because he is white then you are a fool.

I think you misunderstood my post. I'm not doubting his ability I'm just saying there's a natural tendency to think of white receivers as not being as athletic. My last sentence indicates that he is really talented.

Maybe that bias no longer exists with many of the more enlightened among us. Just pointing out a common perception.

I think you misunderstood my post. I'm not doubting his ability I'm just saying there's a natural tendency to think of white receivers as not being as athletic. My last sentence indicates that he is really talented.

Maybe that bias no longer exists with many of the more enlightened among us. Just pointing out a common perception.

Fair enough.......if he were black no one would be second guessing it I get it, but good lord look at the film everything you need to be a good receiver he already seems to have. I am not saying he is the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice, but he is definitely worthy of an Iowa offer.

His dad actually played linebacker in high school, he was undersized, but a great athlete and tenacious. He passed his work ethic down to Oliver. His dad swam for UNI. Oliver is bigger than his dad was at the same age. His mom was very athletic went to school at Iowa and his uncle played baseball at Iowa. Most of us know his sister Ruby nearly made the Olympics in swimming and most likely will in 2020. Needless to say Oliver comes from a very athletic family and there are many ties to the UofI. I think Iowa slowed played his offer too much, so we'll see, but I like their chances.

Latest posts