Oliver Martin offered by Michigan State

Hunz

Per Scott Dochterman. This is getting ridiculous. I will seriously be pissed if he goes to Wisconsin or Michigan State when Iowa has him in their backyard (almost literally). All the kid is doing is impressing everyone on the camp circuit and getting offers left and right. What else does he need to do to get an offer?

They must really believe their other WR targets are much better than Martin and have a good shot at landing them.

As fans we always want someone worse especially an in-state kid after someone else wants him. If he had none of these recent P5 offers and we offered then as fans we would be going nuts that we offered. The whole recruiting thing is interesting.

When several other major talent evaluators think a kid deserves an offer, doesn 't it make you wonder if our staff could have made a mistake?

When several other major talent evaluators think a kid deserves an offer, doesn 't it make you wonder if our staff could have made a mistake?

Yes and no. If they have a group of kids they like better you go after them first. Doesn't mean Iowa doesn't like him, but maybe they feel they sit really well with 3 kids they think are clearly better.

It is a long time to signing day. I think when Feb rolls around Martin is a Hawk.

No offense to anyone, or the Iowa staff, but judging track records of WR recruiting between the Iowa and MSU over recent years, I think Id have to side with the MSU staff on their WR evaluations. Iowa made a mistake here not offering.

No offense to anyone, or the Iowa staff, but judging track records of WR recruiting between the Iowa and MSU over recent years, I think Id have to side with the MSU staff on their WR evaluations. Iowa made a mistake here not offering.

There is still plenty of time left to offer. I'm sure the coaching staff has been in close contact with Martin. They may want to see a few games of his Senior year before pulling the trigger.

Since rschneider is right, that means we offered before Sparty, who offered Wednesday. I still wish we had offered before the rest, but I am also confident there are pieces that none of us know. All that said, I sure hope he commits to Iowa!

Latest posts