Old Man Beano says:

Kindabigdeal

http://espn.go.com/sportsnatio...with-beano-cook

At the end of the chat, his prediction for the week is MSU 31- Iowa 24.

Iowa gave up 28 to Michigan at home so I suppose 31 on the road is possible....but not likely.

There are a couple other Iowa questions throughout the chat...the highlight--a ****** from California saying Iowa doesn't belong in NC discussion.

I know Jon, but they all count in the end.

BTW, I like your new site. I'm more of an in-season guy vs. recruiting so I greatly appreciate all the write-ups you are doing. As I'm sure you know, there's no time like an undefeated season to start up a new Hawkeye site. Good luck.

The three games where Iowa's opponents have scored the most points are Arizona 17, Arkansas State 21, and Michigan 28. In all of those games Stanzi threw a pick 6. So, the defense has only allowed 10, 14, and 21 respectively in those games. The defense has been solid all year, they are going to have to really breakdown to give up 31 points to Michigan State. But, who knows it's in East Lansing, and we haven't had very good luck there recently....

http://espn.go.com/sportsnatio...with-beano-cook

At the end of the chat, his prediction for the week is MSU 31- Iowa 24.

Iowa gave up 28 to Michigan at home so I suppose 31 on the road is possible....but not likely.

There are a couple other Iowa questions throughout the chat...the highlight--a ****** from California saying Iowa doesn't belong in NC discussion.

Iowa has given up 23 points on the road this year...period, and none of them have been in the 2nd half.

I'd like to know what he sees in MSU (who runs a simlilar offense to Wisconsin) that makes him think they're going to score 31 points.

You would think that for someone who's only job is to analyze college football (and not just Beano, who has been in a walking coma for the past 15 years), people would at least try to use some facts or actual analysis. Michigan runs the spread, which by Norm's own admission, gives him fits (he still does a pretty good job against it anyway). Michigan St. is definitely a throwback offense like Iowa and Bucky and the type of offense that Norm's defense usually dominates.

I'm not saying that is definitely the case this weekend, but I like our odds a ton more than facing a spread offense where Iowa has to come out of the base 4-3. It cracks me up when the professional "analysis" just spout off that a team is overrated or lucky simply because they didn't have the foresight to pick team in the preseason.

Latest posts