Olaseni making strides

I would like to see him put on a few more lbs for sure but I'm with you guys, he is going to be a great player. I like that we will be able to have 2 legit big men on the court at a time if we want to. We should be able to match up well with a lot of different styles of teams and also create major match up problems in the future.

Iowa could go huge with Marble at the 2 White at the 3 and Gabe and Adam at the 4 and 5.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see that at some point. Especially against bigger teams like MSU.

Olaseni is going to be a player sooner than later.

Zach is too small to play C in the B1G, and he will most likely continue to be a foul machine if they keep him there....so our young 'bigs' ..(Woody, Gabe, Meyer).. must be ready to play significant mins this year.

Zach is too small to play C in the B1G, and he will most likely continue to be a foul machine if they keep him there....so our young 'bigs' ..(Woody, Gabe, Meyer).. must be ready to play significant mins this year.

Wasn't coach, or someone official, quoted as saying that Zach is moving to the 3 spot? He will need to drop weight & get quicker. Which would be good for him. Good for Iowa, IMHO...
Zach is in a tough spot. He really isn't fit for any position, but he is too good to keep off the floor. He is a player....
A hybrid 3/4 position is his place on the floor. That might just work in Fran's system. At least in phases.... Gesell, Marble, Zach, White & Basabe is going to be a good lineup. There are other combinations of that as well.
Damn, I can't wait!

Wasn't coach, or someone official, quoted as saying that Zach is moving to the 3 spot? He will need to drop weight & get quicker. Which would be good for him. Good for Iowa, IMHO... Zach is in a tough spot. He really isn't fit for any position, but he is too good to keep off the floor. He is a player.... A hybrid 3/4 position is his place on the floor. That might just work in Fran's system. At least in phases.... Gesell, Marble, Zach, White & Basabe is going to be a good lineup. There are other combinations of that as well. Damn, I can't wait!

i believe they look at the offense as containing pg, 2 wings, pf, center. i think they said mccabe is moving to pf...and white would play more of a wing than previously expected. this could really hurt defensively but it might be a moot point if it raises the offensive ability enough.