"Olaseni has the most abilities on the team"

From what I've seen, I still think he's a year away before we see what Basabe is anticipating. He will still see minutes this season, but I wouldn't expect consistent numbers out of Gabe. The light bulb hasn't turned on yet, but at least the lamp is plugged into the outlet this year.

Ill go with this. I think by his jr sr years, we may see a guy that gets it and can really use that athleticism.

If he was so good 1. He would have played more or redshirted last year

Not necessarily. I think you are wrong. Knowledge of the game doesn't come over night, and everyone learns at a different pace. If I remember right, Olaseni hasn't been playing basketball near as long as most of his teammates. Might have something to do with being from England.

Combine that with the fact he is 6'11... tall kids his age usually have to wait for their body to catch up to their height before they start putting it together athletically. While Basabe is likely exaggerating a bit, I think there is at least a little truth to what he was saying. I doubt he would go out of his way to make himself look like an idiot down the road just to praise one of his teammates. I didn't see the game, but it certainly seems like he got the best of Woodbury by a nice margin. I realize Woodbury is a true freshman, but that doesn't mean it isn't impressive.

He could have emerged. Then again, I could get struck by lightning and attain super powers.

Past history would suggest neither is likely.

On the off chance that DOES happen...I've always liked you! But if my theory is correct and you just get the crap zapped out of you and lights turn on when you walk by them for the next 2 and half years...HAHAHA DUMBA$$!

:p

It will be a bonus to have 3/4 big men, Woodbury, Olaseni, Meyer and Wild Bull McCabe under the basket in different combinations. That will give us 20 fouls to prevent the opponents from scoring. Adam, Gabe and Kyle will be blocking shots like a meth freak with a fly swatter.....

I have a feeling that Meyer will be a surprise, if he doesn't redshirt, but I don't see any redshirts, but who knows besides Fran. Kyle is a hard nosed player who has a lot of quality AAU experience and he has attitude like Aaron White.....

It would be very nice to see Gabe develop as reported. I would love to see it. He is quick, an excellent shot blocker, and shows potential offensively. He played soccer overseas, and his footwork should be very good already.....

Fran has a team in the making that will delight all Hawkeye fans, making us forget the Lick years completely.....

:)

Last edited:
It will be a bonus to have 3/4 big men, Woodbury, Olaseni, Meyer and Wild Bull McCabe under the basket in different combinations. That will give us 20 fouls to prevent the opponents from scoring. Adam, Gabe and Kyle will be blocking shots like a meth freak with a fly swatter.....

I have a feeling that Meyer will be a surprise, if he doesn't redshirt, but I don't see any redshirts, but who knows besides Fran. Kyle is a hard nosed player who has a lot of quality AAU experience and he has attitude like Aaron White.....

It would be very nice to see Greg develop as reported. I would love to see it. He is quick, an excellent shot blocker, and shows potential offensively. He played soccer overseas, and his footwork should be very good already.....

Fran has a team in the making that will delight all Hawkeye fans, making us forget the Lick years completely.....

:)

Be nice to see Gabe develop as well... ;)

Trying to picture a guy who went from being terrible to being a good player... does that even happen anymore?

Latest posts