OL shakeup...why?

Foval21

I was just wondering if anyone knew why the changes on the line. I am not saying that it is the cause of the problems today but I just don't know why you mess with what had worked throughout the year. Was Boone hurt or in the doghouse? Croston and really the whole line struggled but I am just surprised by changing the line up so much before the game.

Boone Myers was playing some, alot of left guard today, why not keep him at left tackle, croston at right tackle and the same interior , weird because they did not look good and cohesive in pass blocking especially. They kept getting beat by stunts, etc even bull rushes.

Boone Myers was playing some, alot of left guard today, why not keep him at left tackle, croston at right tackle and the same interior , weird because they did not look good and cohesive in pass blocking especially. They kept getting beat by stunts, etc even bull rushes.

This is exactly what I thought. In iowa's scheme cohesion is important to the line and the switches that were made seemed to me to cause the problems as the line didn't trade off or know where each other would be.

Myers didn't protect well all year and with Stanford's active front, he was going to be a step slow. Moving him down gave him help instead of having to use tight ends and rb's to help him.

Not bashing on coaches....however, I highly question our run co-ordinator and O-line coaching decisions....the OP points out a key thing, that we also questioned, and believe maybe one of many reasons why our team had no real team cohesion.