OL Recruiting Concerns

That's different from my count, unless you are counting walk ons. These are the scholarship players.
2010 class - Donnal, Scherf
2011 - Walsh, Blythe
2012 - Simmons, Ward, Keppy, Sealby
2013 - Welsh, Goebel
2014 - Nelson, Render, Legrand.
I'd say there are real concerns with OL recruiting judging by those numbers.

Thirteen scholarships is a bit low. I think they would prefer to be at 15-16. Your list doesn't include Boettger, who has been moved to OT but it does list Nelson who may move there. Croston and Myers are two walkons who have done well on scout team and Croston did play as backup LT in garbage time last Fall. I think we will be okay and I think Iowa will go for the Paulsens and 2-3 other OL in the 2015 class to get the numbers higher.

there's a recent picture out there of saban and another coach visiting with him and his family in-home. doens't look like he's a flipper.

If they're in-home this late in the game, after getting him so early AND adding several other OL, he may very well be waffling...but I doubt it.

Well worse things were said about Ross and someone very similar, Benedict Arnold. Some people wanted Arnold to be have his leg cut off, buried with full military honors and the rest of him hung for treason. In the end he lived out the rest of his life in obscurity living in England. That sems fitting to me. Also some people want Ross P to blow out his knee or have a career ending injury. I am also taking a moderate position on this in hoping that he is not hurt but that he spends his time with the Alabama red coats in obscurity as a bench warmer so he has plenty of time to think about what he has done to his native state.

Latest posts