Oklahoma the next to Big XII team to go?

"“I’ll just put it this way: I think we’ve been ever since we became a member of this conference, we’re a very influential member of the conference. I think we remain a very influential member of the conference. I’ll just put it that way. Influential not only in this conference, but influential in athletics across the country. It’s a tribute to the strength of this program. I’ll put it this way: I don’t think there’s any chance OU’s going to end up being a wallflower.”"

Yikes

Do it, do it, Oklahoma. Leave the Big 12 and that conference is toast... Then watch the mice scramble to find a home. What would be more funny is that Texas would not be the deciding factor...they want to be king of the hill and tell everyone else what to do and keep all the money to themselves. Well they might get their chance at being independent.

The problem with being independent is that if you have a couple of bad years, you begin to lose your luster...kind of liek nd.

It sounds to me that the Big 12 is getting some nos from teams they are asking to join. Oklahoma sees the writing on the wall. You don't make statements like these if you plan on sticking around. Something is going to have to happen like last year where someone swoops in and saves it at the last second. At this point who actually thinks this conference is worth saving?

The comment in there that Beebe is trying to get the other presidents to "work on Texas" is damning evidence of Beebe's inability to keep Texas from destroying the conference.

And it should be no surprise that Texas wants the conference to stay together. After all, a pimp doesn't want their hos to walk away.

Last edited:
The comment in there that Beebe is trying to get the other presidents to "work on Texas" is damning evidence of Beebe's inability to keep Texas from destroying the conference.

And it should be no surprise that Texas wants the conference to stay together. After all, a pimp doesn't want their hos to walk away.
:D:D:D
I don't think I could have put that any better...

The lawsuit stuff put out by orangebloods is hilarious. Charging interference by the SEC is desperation. Trying to gain coherence through intimidation using the courts is the last gasp. Who knows maybe A&M applies to the PAC 12 or B1G, stranger things could happen?

Especially if your top ho wants to leave...

Interestingly, Texas wanting to be king of the conference and wanting to tell all the rest of the Big 12 what to do and how to do it brought this all on themselves and they may lose in the end. Oh sure, they become independent but where do all the rest of the olympic sports (including BB and baseball play). Do they also stay independent or does Texas try to join some second-hand conference for those sports?

Texas, if they wanted to join the Big 10, also would not get to keep their tv network UNLESS they shared equally with the rest of the Big 10. Texas also would be another team in the Big10 and would not be able to tell the Big 10 what it wants and what the conference is to do. I don't think Texas will want to do that...their heads are so far in the clouds now.

Ok and Okie state would join a conference and share just to be in a solid stable conference. I think either would jump at the chance to join the big 10. The problem with these schools is academics but Nebraska was invited other than academics. They can always improve the academics. With Ok the Big 10 would have another powerhouse and with Okie state, they get what's his name money.

What a way to go...the Big 10 could destroy the Big 12 and force Texas to go independent. Of course the rest of the Big 12 would have to scramble to find a new home. How fun would that be watching isu beg to join a conference...ANY conference that will take them. Isu certainly is a school that would be a recipient only (a hungry mouth) and would add no value to a conference. What value would the clowns add to any conference other than a drain on the overall conference fund?

Latest posts