O'Keefe = Best in the Business

NO WAY!

Calling a good game does not include telling Coker to become part of the O Line the 2nd half. They guy had 106 YARDS the FIRST HALF.

Plus the reverse twice in one game? Can he draw anything else up. Really?

YES WAY!

Are you really complaining about the reverse plays? They worked man why would you complain about that? :eek:

Why couldn't we attempt to score a rushing touchdown in the first two redzone trips? Doesn't have to be up-the-gut there are other run plays. Stanzi was off. It happens. So why not play it safe and let Coker finish a drive out? Seemed like the TE's could have been more involved as well on the first couple trips. Felt like we could've got ahead, score wise that is, with the run early on, and made it easier for Stanzi to find his kill-shot rythm....

This entire near loss is on the offense. Sorry, you just can't fail to score from inside the 10yd line FOUR times, against the 9th ranked red zone defense in the conference and still get praise.

They did well on their last drive, but were terrible in the red zone. I don't know if it was the players, or if it was the coaches, but while the defense had it's WTF moments, they only gave up 6 points in the first half. In the same time, Iowa probably SHOULD have been up 28-6.

I only listened to it on the radio, but it sounded like Coker was gassed a couple of the times that we made it all the way down there. I know there was at least one play call that Stanzi audibled out of, so who knows if that was a run.

At the end of the day, we should have been able to call just about anything in the book and punched in at least a couple of those drives, especially against a horrible defense. It's inexplicable... especially when you see us just slice them up on that three-play "drive" at the end of the game.

And count me in the camp that thought those reverses worked pretty well-- called it twice for 29 yards total. Not too shabby.

Let us down again?

Where did they let anyone down today?

Considering that Indiana GAVE the game away on that last drive, I'd say the D let us down today. The fact that the scoreboard showed us winning doesn't change that. Those receivers were wide open and flat out dropped the ball. It had nothing to do with our defense making a play.

Latest posts