Okay, If this is the way it goes down...

CAARHawk

Banned
And Iowa ends up picking up Washpun, what do you think the best case scenario for the other two schollies would be?

I would say power player and scoring guard. What do you think?

And Iowa ends up picking up Washpun, what do you think the best case scenario for the other two schollies would be?

Carter, wash pun, Katenda be my wish list. Best guess Washpun, Glover, Olansaei sp

I'd guess that we'd still go after a guard. Carter, Jackson, Stokes, and Miller are still out there, though some would be longer shots than others. If we can't get any of them, then maybe Hubbard.

And then they're almost certainly going to try to get a big, I don't really care which one between Olaseni/Katenda. Either would be a good get.

Agree. We need scoring even more with a non-shooter at pg. And of course we need a power player,first and foremost.

A combo guard is fine also, as long as he can shoot.

Feel less and less likely with Katenda. Would still really like Hubbard. Just think he might be a very versatile player and be able to play some PG, if necessary. If Iowa goes JUCO at the point, it would seem that they would be moving away from targeting PG in 2012.

Feel less and less likely with Katenda. Would still really like Hubbard. Just think he might be a very versatile player and be able to play some PG, if necessary. If Iowa goes JUCO at the point, it would seem that they would be moving away from targeting PG in 2012.
Katenda hasn't even visited yet.
IMO FM has been talking to several prospects and now with all the coaching attrition there is alot more decent players looking for a good place to land. Much like Cartwright I think there will be a player the FM picks up out of the blue to the majority.
But IMO he gets one big 2 g's (pg and best avail) and a 2nd big or athlete if tehy are really interested.(Archie)

Any talented, athletic Big Ten caliber player who actually wants to come to Iowa regardless of his position, we need help and upgrades at every position!

Three of the four who I'd like to see sign: Carter, Jackson, Katenda and Olaseni. The two I think will sign are : Wasphun, Olasenia, and who knows who takes the last spot if it is given, I dont think Fran is going to be offering any more recruits just a gut feeling if he can get 3 out of:
Hubbard, Glover, Jackson, Carter, Stokes, Wasphun, Katenda, and Olaseni he will but I dont think he offers the 3rd to someone not in that group.

Would be nice to get a big and another power forward to give us more inside depth and some experience for 2012. Currently we'd have Basabe, McKabe and White with any experience and if any of those three end up not being around we'll be depending on Fresh to contribute significantly again... Good programs usually have experienced role players with 2-3 good players (with one of those being of star-type quality, no matter the age) to be competitive at the top. Or at least that's what it seems like to me...

Assumiung Washpun is in the fold, best case would be Hubbard and Katenda, or Carter and Katenda. Very, very good would be any 2 of Katenda, Olesani, Hubbard, Stokes or Jackson, With Phillip Miller going the Prep route and building a strong bond to Iowa.

Assumiung Washpun is in the fold, best case would be Hubbard and Katenda, or Carter and Katenda. Very, very good would be any 2 of Katenda, Olesani, Hubbard, Stokes or Jackson, With Phillip Miller going the Prep route and building a strong bond to Iowa.

Another Point guard is a must, Cartwright is going to be a senior, and as it stands right now Iowa has only Washpun as their only other true point guard on their roster.

They need to either land another point guard this year (high school or JC) or sign a JC point guard next year. They need to build some depth there.

Another Point guard is a must, Cartwright is going to be a senior, and as it stands right now Iowa has only Washpun as their only other true point guard on their roster.

They need to either land another point guard this year (high school or JC) or sign a JC point guard next year. They need to build some depth there.

I think they could suffice with a true Combo. But that player would have to be ready to contribute now.

"IF" Washpun comits to Iowa, we have one good proven PG and Marble / Washpun and I'm not so sure that Marble still isn't the second best option for next year. In either case that leaves Iowa in a position where we need Cartwright to stay healthy but we can give him some relief as long as he does.

I say if Wes is in the fold we take the best players first to commit and go from there for next year.

"IF" Washpun comits to Iowa, we have one good proven PG and Marble / Washpun and I'm not so sure that Marble still isn't the second best option for next year. In either case that leaves Iowa in a position where we need Cartwright to stay healthy but we can give him some relief as long as he does.

I say if Wes is in the fold we take the best players first to commit and go from there for next year.

I don't see Washpun as a lock. In fact, I think he goes to Tennessee. So then where does that leave us?

Washpun meets with McCaffery, does not commit

Latest posts