OK4P Official Halftime Unit Grades

okeefe4prez

Offense - A- One bad play with the interception. Dominating TOP. Would have put up 10 points, but had to go for it on 4th down due to defense choking and has gotten no help from special teams.

Defense - D- Would be F, but held OU to a few three and outs. Gave up long drive and should have held OU to 3 following INT.

Special Teams - F The punt over the head and the failure to block that punt were two game changers. The attempted reverse right into the coverage was just terrible coaching.

This game should be Iowa 10, OU 3.

Yeah...Defense is giving it away again! KOK is calling a great game! All of the guys on offense are fired up, operating like a machine out there and dominating. Now if we could just get that effort out of the defense.

defense is better than a D. OU has 89 yards total offense. Iowa needs to capitalize. Another half..

Defense would have gotten a C+ had they converted on the easy pick six.

The offensive line is just salty, the running backs are all playing well, Vandenberg is throwing darts, we just need to tighten it up a little and get a little better play out of the D and ST and we will win this game big.

Yeah...Defense is giving it away again! KOK is calling a great game! All of the guys on offense are fired up, operating like a machine out there and dominating. Now if we could just get that effort out of the defense.

O'Keefe is calling a great game. It's not his fault JVB hasn't adjusted to the crown yet and has missed two deep passes by inches and that we had 5 guys in the backfield.

Okeefe just needs a qb to fit his system like Tom Brady.

Vandenberg is fine. Brady, Manning and guys like that who go up to the line and change the play are NOT what we need. O'Keefe calls the play and that is the play, he's forgotten more football than those "hotshots" even knew. You do not want someone who goes up to the line with any discretion. If JVB would have audibled when Trey McNutt was waving his arms, he would have thrown a pick 6 to the guy running onto the field.

Yes, this thread is spot on. Thanks for making me lmao. Couldn't agree more with what you are getting at.

I'm worried Vandy's going to the NFL after that first half performance.

Astute observation, old top. I'm more worried that O'Keefe is gonna see that short yardage QB from OU out there and decide he wants to turn Derby into that kind of guy and then we'll be even thinner at LB next year. I don't know who's going to replace Nielsen if Derby gets moved back to QB.

Defense has played excellent, outside of dropping the INT, what more do you want from them?
Vandenberg looks like a spooked steer.

We played a very clean first half. no dumb mistakes, just a couple bad breaks.

The JVB late hit and the Bernstine late hit were dumb plays, but bince both were on defense, I'm charging those to the defense in my grading. However, I did like the way Bernstine got Jones' head, that might make him a little cloudy for the rest of the game.

Latest posts