OK who is the best QB all-time (follow up on "evolution of QB position")

Id take Elway over Montana. Elway could beat you with his legs, his arm, and his head. Montana only two of the three. Plus he had a great smile.

College is Cam Newton.

Last edited:
Manziel? Really? In his 13 games, he's had a better career than those who played dozens more games than him? He's the best ahead of Tommie Frazier, Tim Tebow, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Colt McCoy, and Cam Newton (just to name a few)?

Thank you. I'd even add Seneca Wallace to the list (seriously) along with Chuck Long that kid from Mizzou and about 100 other guys. Let's see the kid keep his head on straight and do it for two more years while leading his team to a BCS game, then crown him.

Manziel? Really? In his 13 games, he's had a better career than those who played dozens more games than him? He's the best ahead of Tommie Frazier, Tim Tebow, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Colt McCoy, and Cam Newton (just to name a few)?

Don't be so sensitive, I am an A&M football fan, thought that would get some panties in a bunch...;)

Had to throw Manning in there to sound credible...hello

That said, I would take him over Colt McCoy in a heartbeat and he is probably better than Leinart. The other three, give him a couple years.

Don't be so sensitive, I am an A&M football fan, thought that would get some panties in a bunch...;)

Had to throw Manning in there to sound credible...hello

That said, I would take him over Colt McCoy in a heartbeat and he is probably better than Leinart. The other three, give him a couple years.

McCoy and Leinart, from a statistical standpoint, are giants at the QB position. They both had multiple Heisman finalist seasons.

Id take Elway over Montana. Elway could beat you with his legs, his arm, and his head. Montana only two of the three.

Are we arguing QB tools or QB? Montana was better than Elway even when he was on the Chiefs. Not even close. Elway>Marino though.

NCAA: Mick Vick- as a RS FR, finished 3rd for the Heisman. In the championship game he made a very fast FSU defense look like they were playing in cement. Was injured a lot his SO year yet was still the #1 overall pick in the following draft. Others had better careers but at his best, he was better than any other college QB I've seen at their best.

NFL: John Elway - killed teams with his arm & legs. Dan Reeves destroyed the prime of his career and he still put up great numbers for that day. When Elway needed a WR, Reeves drafted a QB, Tommy Maddux. Seriously?

McCoy and Leinart, from a statistical standpoint, are giants at the QB position. They both had multiple Heisman finalist seasons.

Yeah for a career, but nobody has had a better single season than Manziel and with the way that offense is built, it wouldn't surprise me to see him top it in one or two years. Next year I see a little drop as A&M will probably lose 3 starters on the OL, 2 WR's, and RB, also I think they will lose 6 starters on defense. The following year could be the year they contend for the NC.

This is a kid that you can buy into the hype on. All I read and heard about after he won the Hypesman was oh, the banquet circus and he won't have his offensive coordinator. Yeah, throw that out, he has the start to his career to be at the top when all is said and done.

Remember this is just his first year and I don't see the offensive philosophy changing.

Are we arguing QB tools or QB? Montana was better than Elway even when he was on the Chiefs. Not even close. Elway>Marino though.

Definitely agree with this. I can't say Montana as a SF fan, just can't, but WR is a no-brainer. Anyway, all the talk about how great Marino was, I think he was good, but feel Manning/Brady are far better.

Montana is a guy that "didn't have this or that" but the guy went out and tore people up. Some say the "system" but aren't coaches supposed to put their players in the best situation to win, you can't call it the "system" when it lasted about two decades and came back from surgeries that ended careers of many.

Definitely agree with this. I can't say Montana as a SF fan, just can't, but WR is a no-brainer. Anyway, all the talk about how great Marino was, I think he was good, but feel Manning/Brady are far better.

Montana is a guy that "didn't have this or that" but the guy went out and tore people up. Some say the "system" but aren't coaches supposed to put their players in the best situation to win, you can't call it the "system" when it lasted about two decades and came back from surgeries that ended careers of many.

Marino would have been way gooder if he wasn't dumber than a box of hair.

Yeah for a career, but nobody has had a better single season than Manziel and with the way that offense is built, it wouldn't surprise me to see him top it in one or two years. Next year I see a little drop as A&M will probably lose 3 starters on the OL, 2 WR's, and RB, also I think they will lose 6 starters on defense. The following year could be the year they contend for the NC.

This is a kid that you can buy into the hype on. All I read and heard about after he won the Hypesman was oh, the banquet circus and he won't have his offensive coordinator. Yeah, throw that out, he has the start to his career to be at the top when all is said and done.

Remember this is just his first year and I don't see the offensive philosophy changing.

McCoy's '08 season was "better" than Manziel's season this year. So was RG3's '11 season. So was Tebow's in '07. So was Newton's in '10. So were a number of others. A lot of Manziel's statistical superiority over some of these other players is based in large part on the sheer number of plays he ran. He either threw the ball or was credited with a run 635 times. That is an astounding number.

McCoy's '08 season was "better" than Manziel's season this year. So was RG3's '11 season. So was Tebow's in '07. So was Newton's in '10. So were a number of others. A lot of Manziel's statistical superiority over some of these other players is based in large part on the sheer number of plays he ran. He either threw the ball or was credited with a run 635 times. That is an astounding number.

He broke the SEC for yards in a season before the bowl game...I don't think Newton's year is better other than he won an NC.

Latest posts