Ok, in the (probably highly) unlikelihood Iowa were to win out

HaydenHawk56

That could be 5 to 6 games (if Nebraska gets re-scheduled)....Iowa could finish with 14 to 15 wins. Would that be good enough for a tie for first....or are we looking more like 2nd or 3rd place?

I must admit, Iowa looked far more threatening today.

It's highly unlikely Michigan will lose 4 and Illinois 2 (OSU would at least lose 1 more to us to tie) but it is possible. I think the odds are better we end up a 1 seed by winning out than win the conference, crazy as that sounds.

It's highly unlikely Michigan will lose 4 and Illinois 2 (OSU would at least lose 1 more to us to tie) but it is possible. I think the odds are better we end up a 1 seed by winning out than win the conference, crazy as that sounds.
That would be crazy, but I could see that as well. Which, in that case, would be just as good if not better.

I think Michigan will definitely lose 4, IL who knows

Let it go, Iowa will not win out, why even suggest that possibility. What's important is Iowa finds themselves again and gets their swagger back. Today was a step in the right direction. Garza off and they still win by 30. BUT, MSU looked awful. Nebraska will be a tougher out than MSU was today. We give Fran a hard time about lack of quality PG's, but my or my, that one for MSU is terrible. It's like putting a lawn mower battery in a Mercedes.

Let it go, Iowa will not win out, why even suggest that possibility. What's important is Iowa finds themselves again and gets their swagger back. Today was a step in the right direction. Garza off and they still win by 30. BUT, MSU looked awful. Nebraska will be a tougher out than MSU was today. We give Fran a hard time about lack of quality PG's, but my or my, that one for MSU is terrible. It's like putting a lawn mower battery in a Mercedes.
And yet just a week or so before we curb-stomped MSU, they beat Nebraska on their home floor by 10. I'm not saying Nebraska is an easy win, but.....

I looked at Michigan’s full schedule. They have beaten Wisconsin twice. They split with MN., their only BT loss. They won all of their pre-conference games against cupcakes. In the BT, Michigan has beaten PSU, MD, NE, NW, Purdue, but has not played Iowa, OSU, IL., Indy, MSU. So, have they really beaten any high quality BT teams other than WI? Just found that interesting.

Last edited:
I looked at Michigan’s full schedule. They have beaten Wisconsin twice. They split with MN., their only BT loss. They won all of their pre-conference games against cupcakes. In the BT, Michigan has beaten PSU, MD, NE, NW, Purdue, but has not played Iowa, OSU, IL., Indy. So, have they really beaten any high quality BT teams? Just found that interesting.
No they haven’t. That’s why I get frustrated with the 1 seed and COY talk. And they won’t ever face Iowa or Illinois on the road. They’re good. But I won't really know how good until the postseason...BTT & NCAA.

No they haven’t. That’s why I get frustrated with the 1 seed and COY talk. And they won’t ever face Iowa or Illinois on the road. They’re good. But I won't really know how good until the postseason...BTT & NCAA.
You mentioned the split with MN. They led by as many as 40 in the 1st Wisconsin game. The 2nd game was close throughout. And I don’t think Wisconsin is special.

I looked at Michigan’s full schedule. They have beaten Wisconsin twice. They split with MN., their only BT loss. They won all of their pre-conference games against cupcakes. In the BT, Michigan has beaten PSU, MD, NE, NW, Purdue, but has not played Iowa, OSU, IL., Indy, MSU. So, have they really beaten any high quality BT teams other than WI? Just found that interesting.
Very interesting! I hadn't looked at their schedule that close. I've been saying for awhile now that the winner of the conference this year will probably be the team that doesn't have to play all the good teams twice. Seems like Captain Obvious but Michigan seems to fit that bill. I highly doubt they are going to be able to make up all their games so they might just get a free pass to that #1 seed!

I do think Michigan is a very good team from what I've seen. I haven't seen a lot but what I have I've been very impressed with!

BINGO! We are talking about an Iowa team that, year in and year out, finds some way to move from one of the top teams in the B1G to a team that always ends up playing on Thursday in the BTT (and was going to again last year), and has then lost the 5-12 game at least a time or two. I would be content to see a team that actually catches a 2nd wind and plays their best basketball in March for once.

The best team that have played in the Big Ten was Minnesota

And the gophers kicked their asses Royally

They had a close game at Wisconsin last Sunday but the badgers folded like a cheap suit

They have 3 tough games left

Iowa at Ann Arbor and @Ohio State and Indiana

There is a possibility of them losing at least 2 of those 3 games

Gonna watch the game at Ohio State Sunday

I’m reading interviews with Michigan players and coaches. Surprise, they don’t want to make up games. They get to play Ohio St, Iowa, and Illinois at home and if they don’t have to make up games they are basically being given the title. They cannot be given the title without making up those games, they should count as losses as far as seeding in the Big Tourney. I would let Michigan decide, they can choose to not play those games but no reg season championship and a low seed in the Big Tourney. That would be fair to teams that played all 20 games.

Latest posts