Ok, I'm Gunna Do It!

MelroseHawkins

I'm going to be the first to call Fran the man "NewFran".

Iowa is finally, after many seasons, playing better defense and lowering the shooting % against them, especially 3 pt % which is down 9.3% to 28.3%. The coaches committed to teaching better defense and rebounding and the team is responding.

Keep it rolling Hawks!

Iowa is finally, after many seasons, playing better defense and lowering the shooting % against them, especially 3 pt % which is down 9.3% to 28.3%. The coaches committed to teaching better defense and rebounding and the team is responding.

Keep it rolling Hawks!
It is surreal to think it took them this long to consider coaching better defense.

It's early it's early it's early... If good ole Melrose can still add to this thread or start another one just like it a month from now I'll be tickled beyond belief. I think we are for real if for no other reason than the offensive side. We provide challenges and mismatches for pretty much anyone and how anyone would like to play us. (Especially if we keep our TOs under control) You add good D and rebounding to the mix holy crap things could get special... But our league is going to be tough and I'm afraid we could be better than our record may show before it's said and done... We'll see

It's early it's early it's early... If good ole Melrose can still add to this thread or start another one just like it a month from now I'll be tickled beyond belief. I think we are for real if for no other reason than the offensive side. We provide challenges and mismatches for pretty much anyone and how anyone would like to play us. (Especially if we keep our TOs under control) You add good D and rebounding to the mix holy crap things could get special... But our league is going to be tough and I'm afraid we could be better than our record may show before it's said and done... We'll see

Rebounding and valuing the ball are the two main stat areas for a team to have success. Both result in more possessions/scoring chances. If those two are relatively even between two formidable teams, it is usually a bucket to bucket game.

Keep it rolling Hawks!

Awesome! Then let me be the first to add to that...... Fran 2.0 LOL!