Ok. I Like Bohannon Again.

There are some, not many, who predicted that Jordan would be the starting point guard within a game or two. This was the very first game after Uthoff, Woodbury, Gesell and many others graduated.
We were starting from a few blocks away from Jump Street
I have followed him with glee his entire career

I can resurrect the very post if someone demands

Perhaps

Last edited:
It was my fear that no player would step into the PG role and JBo would have to be the point. That has happened. Now JBo will go 10-16 against a bad Maryland team and maybe once or twice more this season, but against the stifling defensive teams in this league it will probable be back to 2 of 7 or 3 of 10 again. The problem is JBo can be shut down by a determined defender. He presses and his game deteriorates. At least now we can bring in a JT or Ulis if this happens. We have a chance to win some games with the schedule but a lot of beat downs await us later in the season. JBo playing gives us the best chance to win right now.

..........drop mic.

He had a great game.

And to me it seemed his footwork on his shots was a little different. It looked like his right foot was out to the side and just slightly ahead of his left foot and body and he used that right foot position to jump more into his shot.

If he made a change or whatever I hope he can ride it out to the end of his career.

It was my fear that no player would step into the PG role and JBo would have to be the point. That has happened. Now JBo will go 10-16 against a bad Maryland team and maybe once or twice more this season, but against the stifling defensive teams in this league it will probable be back to 2 of 7 or 3 of 10 again. The problem is JBo can be shut down by a determined defender. He presses and his game deteriorates. At least now we can bring in a JT or Ulis if this happens. We have a chance to win some games with the schedule but a lot of beat downs await us later in the season. JBo playing gives us the best chance to win right now.
But if you watch JoBo at point, objectively, and don't get locked in with the "We need a PG that can penetrate and drive to the hoop" crowd, he runs a very good and efficient PG position. He's always taken care of the ball and he looks to assist. He does a good job managing the half court offense, really.

That is really THE MOST important attribute in a solid PG, someone who manages the half court well and doesn't turn the ball over. Fran has enough athleticism and shooting to compliment that at the other position. Krist, they are always one of the best scoring teams in the nation and conference and continuously score well into the 80's and 90's and recently over 100.

When Fran moved JoBo back to point, he was banking JoBo having the ball in his hands would be more comfortable for JoBo and this has proved to be the case and a good call.

Say what you say about Bohannon, he as always been pretty steady at point, even when a young player right after Gessel about a decade ago! He's always played that position as a steady Eddy. The team responds to it for some reason. That prob is the play going forward. Put the ball in his hands. He can dribble off screens for an open shots which would increase his %. That is what Fran is hoping.