Ojemudia at the Senior Bowl

99topdawg

Looks like he's testing/performing pretty well!

Ojemudia flashed quality reps and looked like one of the few quality DBs the North offered up today. He flashed physicality and fought through contact and the hands of every receiver he lined up against, which was encouraging to see. He was sticky in coverage all day. Encouraging and promising first day for Ojemudia.

OJ was sneaky good and a little underrated in my opinion. I think he dropped a few easy picks that would have helped his stats look better but he is physical and plays the run very well. I also think he was a smart player and was able to react quickly to plays his side. I am going to say he is drafted by the end of the 3rd round, I think he goes before Stone

In case you think OJ's report was taken from a site that was positive about everyone, here's what they had to say about Nebraska's Lamar Jackson:

Out of everyone I watched today, Lamar Jackson was most definitely the worst player today. Heard he might have been injured, but his tape wasn’t stellar either. I didn’t see a quality rep from him today, whether he was in press or off coverage. Jackson was simply forgettable and will need to be better moving forward.

feel like ultimately oj's best position in the nfl will be safety. Of course I've been saying that for two years at iowa also. Great physical tackler, good at reading the situations and qb, good break on the ball, his coverage skills are okay. ITs the other parts of his game that are really outstanding. Free safety based on his skill set always seemed to me to be the right fit, but I mean, I kinda trust that parker guy more than my own observations. Just always felt that switch was coming but it never did. Will be interesting to see if it does in the nfl.

feel like ultimately oj's best position in the nfl will be safety. Of course I've been saying that for two years at iowa also. Great physical tackler, good at reading the situations and qb, good break on the ball, his coverage skills are okay. ITs the other parts of his game that are really outstanding. Free safety based on his skill set always seemed to me to be the right fit, but I mean, I kinda trust that parker guy more than my own observations. Just always felt that switch was coming but it never did. Will be interesting to see if it does in the nfl.

I think it could have been true that OJ was the Hawks' best free safety, but at the same time he was also one of their top 2 CBs, and they needed him more at CB. A lot like Hyde. They tried him at S because they knew he would be great and it was his eventual NFL position, but they had to move him back because the D was struggling without him at CB.

Wednesday's report:

Ojemudia was the best CB for the day in the North’s practices. He was sticking like glue in coverage and used his physicality well without being flagged. He came up just short of two turnovers in drills but his playmaking definitely stood out on a pretty lackluster North practice Wednesday. He got burned by Baylor’s Denzel Mims, but there wasn’t much he could do as it was a pretty perfect throw and catch. A name to keep an eye on tomorrow and moving forward with his continued high level of play.

I am a little confused, does Michael Ojemudia also go by the nickname OJ?

Do people actually call him OJ?

I was pleasantly surprised he went that high. That Senior Bowl evaluation really helped him. Good for him.

Latest posts