Ohio State prediction thread

Hard to predict a score not knowing which Iowa team shows up.

That said, I think Iowa's chances of winning are less than 50-50.

Edit: What the heck. I'll bite. Ohio State 35 Iowa 17.

Last edited:
24-23 Iowa on a last second Fg...we've done it before

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur0clGs3Rsk[/ame]

Iowa will play much more competitively against OSU for 3 reasons:
1) Kinnick;
2) senior day;
3) Ohio State will only do what they need to stay in control of the game during the 1st half.

That's Tressel ball. If Iowa gets too close for comfort, he will immediately tweak things and turn Pryor loose in an IU and NW manner -- short passes on 1st / 2nd and let him move the chains with his legs on 3rd.

OSU will dictate this game and win it in the 4th quarter. The final score will be closer than the game really was: 33 - 24.

I think Iowa will be able to make some plays with their WR's, will be interesting to see if OSU plays the cover 2 that PSU shredded in the 1st half or they start with the cover 3 that had PSU baffled. OSU's corners are good but not great. OSU has been running the ball very effectively and the OL is finally pretty much healthy. Bool Herron is much improved from last year as well. I see a pretty tight game throughout with OSU pulling away in the 4th quarter 27-17.

Ohio State 85
Iowa 3

Ohio State runs up the score to make a case for the Rose Bowl. Defense doesn't even come out to play. Field goal comes from Iowa's first drive. A-Rob tears it down the field till the red zone, Stanzi throws three straight incompletion's and Meyer makes a 42 yarder.

Oh yea. Sash and Clayborn Flip off the crowd after the crowd boo's them off the field. Starts a major controversy. Iowa football is never the same again.

Seriously though,

Iowa 31
Ohio State 24

Sash and Clayborn still flick off the crowd during the post game celebration. Sends a message to Iowa fans, "don't **** with us!" 10 Iowa fans show up to the Minny game because of this disrespectful act, 5 of them spend 3 of the 4 quarters in the bathroom gettin down wit they bad selves..

Ohio State 31
Iowa 10

Hawks make a game of it in the first half...Ohio State 14 Iowa 7.

Then reality sets in.

Just don't see the upset this week.....

Ohio State 31
Iowa 17

I see you're into doing nothing but "positive" threads this week....

I'll go with the Hawks, 21-20.

EDIT: Unless it goes to OT, where the Hawks and Buckeyes break the Michigan-Illinois record, with the Hawks winning 68-66 when ARob carries the whole OSU DL into the end zone on a successful 2-point conversion. But it will only be 14-14 at end of regulation. Thus, both teams also set record for most points scored in OT. Stanzi gives Pryor a game ball for scoring all OSUs TDs, plus the first couple "required" 2-pt. attempts. Pryor hands it back for Stanzi's heroics to get the game to OT via tossing a pass to DJK or McNutt (crystal ball hazy at this point--it could even be Reisner or Chaney or Coker), then being the recipient on the hook-and-ladder and going 75 yards. Stanzi then gives ball to Meyer for game-tying PAT with all 00:00s on the clock. ARob credited with 17 pancake blocks on OSU blitzes in OT.

Last edited:
I've been wrong so many times this year I don't even want to say anything but I will:

Tight first half. Both teams score a touchdown but OSU leads 10-7 at half.

Iowa manages a few good drives in the second half, takes a late lead and the Iowa defense finally steps up when it counts and picks off a Pryor pass deep in Iowa territory to win the game, 24-20.

Or we lose 34-17.

Latest posts