Ohio State Is Bad. Reaaally Bad.

Carsen Edwards is a stud, despite turning the ball over seven times last night.

That said, the Boilermakers are top five team in a conference expected to get the most NCAA tournament bids this year despite losing four starters. I think right now, they're the third best team. And it's hardly because Edwards is a one-man team. They're tough and they defend.
They are I agree. You can't accidently be that good with a one man team.

Here's a thought. If you are going to have a team as a heavily dependent on one player to be your leader what position would it be? Is PG the no brainer pick? It used to be center back in the day. I suppose it depends on just how dominant your talking etc. I'd probably lean towards having a guy like Glenn Robinson or Grant Hill. But that's just me

They are I agree. You can't accidently be that good with a one man team.

Here's a thought. If you are going to have a team as a heavily dependent on one player to be your leader what position would it be? Is PG the no brainer pick? It used to be center back in the day. I suppose it depends on just how dominant your talking etc. I'd probably lean towards having a guy like Glenn Robinson or Grant Hill. But that's just me

Without knowing the other variables, I would say PG.

However, if you watch Purdue, Edwards plays off the ball a lot. Nojel Eastern handles the ball and allows him to do it.

Edwards runs around, with purpose, off screens and puts the defenders' heads on a swivel. And then things open up for shooters like Kline and Eifert if he's doubled. If defenses push out on the shooters, there's the inside presence of Haarms and Williams.

Iowa causes similar problems on offense without a player Edwards but more weapons overall, IMO. Purdue is better defensively, without question.

However, if you watch Purdue, Edwards plays off the ball a lot. Nojel Eastern handles the ball and allows him to do it.

Edwards runs around, with purpose, off screens and puts the defenders' heads on a swivel. And then things open up for shooters like Kline and Eifert if he's doubled. If defenses push out on the shooters, there's the inside presence of Haarms and Williams.

Iowa causes similar problems on offense without a player Edwards but more weapons overall, IMO. Purdue is better defensively, without question.

The eye test would agree, statistically they are actually closer than one would think.

Defensive Efficiency:

upload_2019-1-24_14-9-15.png

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/stat/defensive-efficiency

Kenpom's adjusted D has Purdue 56 and Iowa 96.

upload_2019-1-24_14-12-38.png

If the Hawks get it done tonight then we can survive a few bumps in the road. It would prove they 1) got better and 2) can play with a legit Elite 8 team.

A bad loss, on the other hand, will add flames to the people out there thinking the Hawks are a “fake ID.”

Me, I think we’re in between, closer to the former than the latter.

I don’t think we win tonight, but if it’s close we’re still ok for now.
I just don't want us to play our guts out and lose, then show up flat against Minmesota.

I can't begin to describe how often that happened in the Davis era and it drove me nuts.

I'd have to say PG, too.

All I really have to do is look at what Andre Woodridge did his senior season. That didn't strike me as the world's most talented team, but he made everyone around him better, and that team ended up giving Kentucky all they could handle in the tournament.

The next year, basically the same team plus Ricky Davis.. NIT.

Latest posts