Ohio State Is Bad. Reaaally Bad.

Dropping five in a row isn’t a good look from a supposed 16th ranked team.

The Cavs and Buckeyes are now 1-16 in 2019.

Love it.

Ohio State fared well against non B1G 10 opponents. I think their recent struggles are just another sign of the difficulty level this year in the B1G.

Ohio State fared well against non B1G 10 opponents. I think their recent struggles are just another sign of the difficulty level this year in the B1G.
It is, let’s face it, they’re still on the bubble and can easily play their way in. But this skid isn’t doing them any favors

It's almost like someone had to be 'that team' The BIG is just too loaded this year so there was going to be a team or two who's record doesn't reflect how good they are. Prior to the BIG start of our schedule and especially after we lost to MSU and Purdue I kinda thought it'd be us... I haven't watched a ton of OSU I admit so I wonder if things are snow balling on them now. I also wonder about what ole Carton may be feeling about his decision...

I really think Iowa is going to go thru a skid. It seems like every team besides maybe the top 5 or so do. That doesn't mean they aren't a good team, it means, that's kind of how basketball works.

I say wait a week... TOSU might be good again.

I really think Iowa is going to go thru a skid. It seems like every team besides maybe the top 5 or so do. That doesn't mean they aren't a good team, it means, that's kind of how basketball works.

For whatever reasons (our recent past seasons I suppose) It feels like we could just as easily stumble and lose to anyone as much as we could beat anyone. So far we are in a good spot. We can lose to the MSUs and Purdues and still be in good shape. So long as we keep beating the Illinois and Nebraskas without stumbling. If we can win 1 or 2 games we 'aren't expected to' and take care of business we'll be in really good shape. Here's to hoping

Right now Iowa is a top 5 team in the B1G, so we shouldn’t have a skid. :)

The one brother from Ohio State just can't stay out of foul trouble. Seems like every game I watch hes on the bench with issues

It is, let’s face it, they’re still on the bubble and can easily play their way in. But this skid isn’t doing them any favors
If they drop this next one to make it 6 in a row and especially if they drop 2 out of the next 3 it's probably time to stick a fork in 'em. They're hanging in there during the first half, but in the 2nd the wheels are falling off. If it was only a couple games here and there I could see it being a slump, but what's happening to them now is indicative of just not being a very good team. It probably didn't help being ranked so high either because, as the Hawks know all too well, when you get put on a pedestal prematurely, teams gun for you.

Last edited:
If they drop this next one to make it 6 in a row and especially if they drop 2 out of the next 3 it's probably time to stick a fork in 'em. They're hanging in there during the first half, but in the 2nd the wheels are falling off. If it was only a couple games here and there I could see it being a slump, but what's happening to them now is indicative of just not being a very good team. It probably didn't help being ranked so high either because, as the Hawks know all to well, when you get put on a pedestal prematurely, teams gun for you.
playing with a target on your back is whole new ball game, which IMO has made Iowa's run this season even more impressive. They are getting everyone's best look because we would be their signature win.

playing with a target on your back is whole new ball game, which IMO has made Iowa's run this season even more impressive. They are getting everyone's best look because we would be their signature win.
If the Hawks get it done tonight then we can survive a few bumps in the road. It would prove they 1) got better and 2) can play with a legit Elite 8 team.

A bad loss, on the other hand, will add flames to the people out there thinking the Hawks are a “fake ID.”

Me, I think we’re in between, closer to the former than the latter.

I don’t think we win tonight, but if it’s close we’re still ok for now.

Off topic, if you do the polar plunge this weekend @ Winter Games (in shorts only and yelling Go Hawks) and provide photo/video evidence, I got $20 going to the Children’s Hospital donation site. In all fairness the water is 33° right now so it’s gonna be a hell of a lot warmer in the lake.

Who’s with me?

Let’s get @InGoodCo to take a dunk for a good cause.

Ohio State and Indiana look like teams you would see at the Field House with five guys playing pickup ball that have never played together before. There's talent there (on OSU & IN, not at the Field House), some of it high end. But there's little connection on either end of the court.

Meanwhile, Purdue, which lost four starters, is humming along.

Off topic, if you do the polar plunge this weekend @ Winter Games (in shorts only and yelling Go Hawks) and provide photo/video evidence, I got $20 going to the Children’s Hospital donation site. In all fairness the water is 33° right now so it’s gonna be a hell of a lot warmer in the lake.

Who’s with me?

Let’s get @InGoodCo to take a dunk for a good cause.

hard pass, if the temps really go where they are supposed to this weekend, there's a good chance I stay stationary at the venue we're playing.

Ohio State and Indiana look like teams you would see at the Field House with five guys playing pickup ball that have never played together before. There's talent there (on OSU & IN, not at the Field House), some of it high end. But there's little connection on either end of the court.

Meanwhile, Purdue, which lost four starters, is humming along.
Purdue has one of the best PGs in the country that doesn't hurt...
Totally agree about how OSU and Indiana look. And that's what can happen with young teams. Tough to get them to mesh in a short period of time.

Purdue has one of the best PGs in the country that doesn't hurt...
Totally agree about how OSU and Indiana look. And that's what can happen with young teams. Tough to get them to mesh in a short period of time.

Carsen Edwards is a stud, despite turning the ball over seven times last night.

That said, the Boilermakers are top five team in a conference expected to get the most NCAA tournament bids this year despite losing four starters. I think right now, they're the third best team. And it's hardly because Edwards is a one-man team. They're tough and they defend.