Ohio State fires coach

longtimer

I guess Ohio State doesn"t have the patience of some I saw a short list of possible replacement and Devries was on the list. I was hoping he would be available when the Iowa job opened

Not real surprised I guess. Don’t see a huge difference between our two programs as far as record and post season success. It’s not like tOSU was a basketball powerhouse. And some insist Iowa is a football school

It will get offered to McDermott first I imagine, they wanted him when they got Holtman instead.

Keep an eye on Juwan Howard at Michigan and Mike Woodson at Indiana. There are rumblings that both will not be back. Also, keep in mind if Fran walks away at the end-of-the year, those three jobs are all better than the Iowa gig. It shrinks the coaching pool if Goetz has to find someone.

If I were a betting man I would say Howard gets another year and Woodson is toast. Obviously, I am just spitballing here…who really knows.

Keep an eye on Juwan Howard at Michigan and Mike Woodson at Indiana. There are rumblings that both will not be back. Also, keep in mind if Fran walks away at the end-of-the year, those three jobs are all better than the Iowa gig. It shrinks the coaching pool if Goetz has to find someone.

If I were a betting man I would say Howard gets another year and Woodson is toast. Obviously, I am just spitballing here…who really knows.
No one knows.... this could be Fran's final year or, heck, Tony Perkins could come back for his Covid year, Bowen (who's body language IMO has been really good, he still looks like he's having fun) could stay, Dix another year older. Freeman, another year of development, Peyton Sandfort likely an All B1G preseason pick, little Sandfort puts on 20 lbs, Harding has another year of development and we bring in Koch and Tadjo and have a really really intriguing team next year.

Or Fran leaves and it blows the whole thing up lol. It could go either way.

Vice versa. Think Woodson gets the pass and Howard is toast. And, i am almost certainly wrong.

No one knows.... this could be Fran's final year or, heck, Tony Perkins could come back for his Covid year, Bowen (who's body language IMO has been really good, he still looks like he's having fun) could stay, Dix another year older. Freeman, another year of development, Peyton Sandfort likely an All B1G preseason pick, little Sandfort puts on 20 lbs, Harding has another year of development and we bring in Koch and Tadjo and have a really really intriguing team next year.

Blows the whole thing up, interesting, how can you blow up a 14 and 10 team up going to barely the NIT, although I have seen some of the so-called gurus not even having them in that and in some AAU gig in Terre Haute. Iowa historically is the best gig in the country, you can't get fired for mediocre performance, from a coaching staff, great work if you can get it. The X factor here, which I like apparently Goetz is not afraid to pull the trigger, however BF was a no brainer, other than you exposed the King with no clothes, KF. Hate to pick on ya bubba, however, Koch, really can you tell me please what other power 5 schools offered him a scholarship, seriously I do not know, Dad was a C plus player.

Blows the whole thing up, interesting, how can you blow up a 14 and 10 team up going to barely the NIT, although I have seen some of the so-called gurus not even having them in that and in some AAU gig in Terre Haute. Iowa historically is the best gig in the country, you can't get fired for mediocre performance, from a coaching staff, great work if you can get it. The X factor here, which I like apparently Goetz is not afraid to pull the trigger, however BF was a no brainer, other than you exposed the King with no clothes, KF. Hate to pick on ya bubba, however, Koch, really can you tell me please what other power 5 schools offered him a scholarship, seriously I do not know, Dad was a C plus player.
Do you think you’re “picking” on me? lol. In what way? I’m not the Iowa Hawkeyes bud. You’re opinion is pretty short sided. The Iowa program is 4th in conference wins since 2020, they just had a run with 3 NOPY candidates with 3 different names. The program has the 14th most wins over AP top 25 teams over the last 5 years in the sport. They have the Freshman of the year on their roster and could bring back a lot of really good pieces to go with a nice incoming class. We have the schools all time winningest coach. Ever. We’re in the midst of one of our more successful sustained runs as far as being eligible for the dance in school history. We aren’t even out of the NCAA discussion at this point of the year, let alone the NIT lol. I’d call losing all that for Iowa basketball blowing it up. Most of our guys are in I. C. because of our coach.

Last edited:
Now I see, you were talking about picking on Cooper Koch, lol, either way, come on. Offers from WI, Purdue, IL and Indiana. Yeah no one wants him

Do you have think you’re “picking” on me? lol. In what way? I’m not the Iowa Hawkeyes bud. Youre opinion is very short sided. The Iowa program is 4th in conference wins since 2020, they just had a run with 3 NOPY candidates with 3 different names. The program has the 14th most wins over AP top 25 teams over the last 5 years. They have the Freshman of the year on their roster and could bring back a lot of really good pieces to go with a nice incoming class. We have the schools all time winningest coach. Ever. We’re in the midst of one of our more successful sustained runs as far as being eligible for the dance in school history. We aren’t even out of the NCAA discussion at this point of the year, let alone the NIT lol. I’d call losing all that for Iowa basketball blowing it up. Most of our guys in I. C. because of our coach.
Good for you, you used the 10 digits on the keyboard for this, get some icy hot for your efforts, Now, still in the discussion for NCAA, interesting, is this a wet dream, or just like political pooling you found some bracketology source out of Helena Montana, just asking. Addressing, the most winningest coach in history, Christ if you're at a place for 15 years, you are going to get some type of participation trophy, ala KF. In closing, your Honor, has Franny boy ever gotten out of the first weekend of the NCAA big dance gig, with however he had on the court, just like allot of these threads, you seem to be concentrated on what happens between the Mississippi and the Missouri rivers in this state, just like the Iowa Caucasus nationally no one gives a rat ass, enjoy.

Does Patrick have another year?

Do you think you’re “picking” on me? lol. In what way? I’m not the Iowa Hawkeyes bud. You’re opinion is pretty short sided. The Iowa program is 4th in conference wins since 2020, they just had a run with 3 NOPY candidates with 3 different names. The program has the 14th most wins over AP top 25 teams over the last 5 years in the sport. They have the Freshman of the year on their roster and could bring back a lot of really good pieces to go with a nice incoming class. We have the schools all time winningest coach. Ever. We’re in the midst of one of our more successful sustained runs as far as being eligible for the dance in school history. We aren’t even out of the NCAA discussion at this point of the year, let alone the NIT lol. I’d call losing all that for Iowa basketball blowing it up. Most of our guys are in I. C. because of our coach.
Good job, GOOD. (and all of this with a crappy arena)

Good for you, you used the 10 digits on the keyboard for this, get some icy hot for your efforts, Now, still in the discussion for NCAA, interesting, is this a wet dream, or just like political pooling you found some bracketology source out of Helena Montana, just asking. Addressing, the most winningest coach in history, Christ if you're at a place for 15 years, you are going to get some type of participation trophy, ala KF. In closing, your Honor, has Franny boy ever gotten out of the first weekend of the NCAA big dance gig, with however he had on the court, just like allot of these threads, you seem to be concentrated on what happens between the Mississippi and the Missouri rivers in this state, just like the Iowa Caucasus nationally no one gives a rat ass, enjoy.
“Hey Siri, has the Iowa Men’s basketball team been eliminated from making the NCAA tournament this season?”

Try it.

Oh, is Siri based out of Helena, Montana by any chance?
Lar, I’m just pointing out that I’m gonna let things play out. It doesn’t look like it’s in the cards this year, but based off of recent losses to the early enrollment of the NBA Draft that no other coach at Iowa before Fran had to face, I’m giving him some room for a rebuild year. Like which coach can you point to that lost his best players every year with eligibility left? Which coaches could have some of their best pieces transfer out and be immediately eligible somewhere else? I’m willing to cut Fran some slack. He’s navigated the sport pretty well in an awkward time in college sports. I’d rather get the big pay off at the end out of the old boy if possible, he’s getting better not worse.

Lar, I’m just pointing out that I’m gonna let things play out. It doesn’t look like it’s in the cards this year, but based off of recent losses to the early enrollment of the NBA Draft that no other coach at Iowa before Fran had to face, I’m giving him some room for a rebuild year. Like which coach can you point to that lost his best players every year with eligibility left? Which coaches could have some of their best pieces transfer out and be immediately eligible somewhere else? I’m willing to cut Fran some slack. He’s navigated the sport pretty well in an awkward time in college sports. I’d rather get the big pay off at the end out of the old boy if possible, he’s getting better not worse.
Agree, on this, let it play out, however my point is with all those NBA players leaving early, the NCAA tournament record is pitiful. Mr. Davis went to war with allot less, got to the sweetness 16 and an elite 8 with someone else's recruits. With some of those players Franny Boy had, he should have been able to advance at least out of weekend one once. I compare this to KF and his football program, hey everybody we won the Big Ten West, however, really doesn't mean much does it unless you like participation trophies. Have you noticed, I like the one and done format in any sport, that's where the rubber hits the highway, take care.

Latest posts