Ohio State Fate TBA

Rumor is JT gets 3-5 year show cause, OSU loses one more schollies and no bowl ban.

Couple questions:

1) If this is true, how many total scholarships is OSU out?

2) OSU forfeited their bowl money as part of their sancions but the B1G evenly distributes all bowl money. How does this work? Did OSU only forfeit their 1/11 share of the Sugar Bowl money or did they forfeit their entire share of all bowl money. I would think they only forfeited their share of the Sugar Bowl money.

The B10 needs Ohio State to be good so the light punishment doesn't bother me but it is crazy how you can play ineligible players, have the coach aware of it, and still get away with it with basically no penalty.

Couple questions:

2) OSU forfeited their bowl money as part of their sancions but the B1G evenly distributes all bowl money. How does this work? Did OSU only forfeit their 1/11 share of the Sugar Bowl money or did they forfeit their entire share of all bowl money. I would think they only forfeited their share of the Sugar Bowl money.

They are offering to forfeit the 2010 season and all 2010 bowl revenue.

The NCAA shall not slaughter its cash
3d_cow.gif

Couple questions:

Well they docked themselves 5 total over 3 years so if the NCAA adds one its be 6 over 3 years split up however OSU decides to do it.

Osu forfeited all bowl money for last year I believe. That said Delaney went to bat with the NCAA to let Pryor and the others play in the Sugar Bowl. The Sugar Bowl people pushed hard for it too. Osu shouldn't get all of the blame for them playing, the Sugar Bowl wanted their money protected and them not playing would have cost them a lot of cash.

Last edited:

Latest posts