Ohio State compliance issues?

Like I said in that post... NCAA players better not give each other haircuts... A free haircut would clearly be in violation under the same stipulation. How about Cracker Jacks... what if a player opens a box and gets a FREE TAT? What about gum? What if a player is offered gum by some chick in class and accepts... Does he have to report this to the NCAA? What if the player uses the FREE Air at some gas stations? What if a player receives a homemade christmas stocking from a 9 year old fan? The NCAA is getting out of control. Some things will happen. Go after the ones that are foul... not incidental picking on things that are as pointless as this.

we're hearing it's unlikely but not impossible that they're suspended for bowl game, may have some punishment next year. OSU will comment tomorrow most likely.

Like I said in that post... NCAA players better not give each other haircuts... A free haircut would clearly be in violation under the same stipulation. How about Cracker Jacks... what if a player opens a box and gets a FREE TAT? What about gum? What if a player is offered gum by some chick in class and accepts... Does he have to report this to the NCAA? What if the player uses the FREE Air at some gas stations? What if a player receives a homemade christmas stocking from a 9 year old fan? The NCAA is getting out of control. Some things will happen. Go after the ones that are foul... not incidental picking on things that are as pointless as this.

I don't know how much you pay for a hair cut, cracker jacks or gum.... but quoted from the article:

"Prices at a high quality tattoo establishment range anywhere from the low hundreds well into the thousands - obviously depending on how extensive the work is."

The NCAA has lost its mind. WHO CARES! We have fathers shopping sons, academic scandals, recruiting violations and they are concerned about tattoos?

Seriously?

And for those of you with some amount of schadenfruede here, Ohio State is a member of our conference and as much as it pains me to say it, appear to do everything right. Tressel is a lot more like Ferentz than Saban and Matta also runs a clean program.

They have an *** kicking athletic department right now, it is probably a lot of fun to live in Columbus these days.

Ridiculous. Reggie Bush "didn't know". He lost his Heisman and USC got *****-slapped by the NCAA.

Cam Newton "didn't know"...so Auburn is in the BCS Championship game (Seminole fans claim that this was "allowed" in order to keep TCU or Boise State out of the BCS Championship game...but remember...a Seminole fan is merely just a Gator fan that can read and doesn't drool during actual conversation).

IF this is actually a "punishable" offense (and again, NOTHING has been proven), the punishment should fit the crime: "Son, not only must you actually suit up for the game...but you must NEVER have that tattoo removed, and must show it publicly to your children and grandchildren. And take the beatdown from your grandmother for degrading your body like that..."

Seriously, though, is the NCAA serious? And in spite of the high-profile success of OSU, some of those guys don't even ring a bell with me. I can't imagine their autographs would fetch that much (Admittedly, I give less than half a crap about ANYbody's autograph. In fact, in 3rd grade a buddy of mine bought a Declaration of Independence poster on a trip to D.C. I promptly added my stylish, 8-years-old sig to the list!)

The "Herd" just said it's confirmed that Pryor and 4 others have to sit out the first 5 games next season. I didn't hear anything on the bowl game...

Pryor and 4 other players to sit 5 games in 2011......NOT including the bowl game.

NCAA is THE biggest joke of an organization. How can they not have to sit for the bowl game.....and how is Cam Newton still playing?

Latest posts