Ohio St vs Wisconsin

Wisconsin. No question. I downright loathe Ohio State & Urban Meyer. I might cheer for the North Koreans against Ohio State.
^^This^^

Not only has OSU had their fair share, they're really primadonnas about their status in the FB universe. The only time I remotely cheer for them is when they're playing in a bowl game, representing the B1G. But even then, I feel dirty.

Defense wins championships. Wisconsin shuts down a hobbled Barrett

37fca0f656659ce692b159dac73f89d9.jpg

As the old coach himself repeatedly told Hawkeye faithful, defense DOES win championships. Wisconsin leads the country in team defense (and it's not even close) and is first or second in several individual defensive categories.

The Bucknuts will have a hard time rushing and an ever harder time throwing the ball without it being intercepted. I like Wisky in this one.

Bucky has some serious payback in mind.

They've lost five in a row to the Nuts, including the 59-0 pasting the 2014 B1G champ game.

Defense wins championships. Wisconsin shuts down a hobbled Barrett

Defensive does wins Championships but the verdict in my eyes is still out on The Badgers only because that schedule, that schedule is SOFT.. IMO Wisconsin will not have faced not 1 team of Ohio States Caliber this season..

People doubting Wisky based on schedule.....

Sagarin SOS:

Wisky (12-0): 61
Alabama (11-1): 54
Ohio St (10-2): 42
Penn St (10-2): 45
Georgia (11-1): 48
Washington (10-2): 57

Total Defense Rankings:

1. Wisconsin
2. Alabama
3. Michigan
4. Georgia
5. Washington
6. Clemson

Everything on paper says Wisconsin in this one.

But, this is exactly the kind of late season game that Meyer typically comes out and wins 52-3 to somehow squeak into the playoff.

I don't see it happening this season, though. I'll take Wiscy in a low scoring affair.

I don't care if they are left out. Doesn't help Iowa a bit if they are in. Will be rooting for OSU, and I thought I would never say that.

If Wisconsin wins and makes the playoff the conference gets a lot of money to split between its schools. From a football perspective sure it doesn’t help Iowa, but a couple million just for having a team in the playoff is better than nothing.

I want to see 'bama locked out of the CFP and so I think a wiscy win helps that to happen more than a buckeye win.

People doubting Wisky based on schedule.....

Sagarin SOS:

Wisky (12-0): 61
Alabama (11-1): 54
Ohio St (10-2): 42
Penn St (10-2): 45
Georgia (11-1): 48
Washington (10-2): 57

Total Defense Rankings:

1. Wisconsin
2. Alabama
3. Michigan
4. Georgia
5. Washington
6. Clemson

Yeah but Wisconsin had a pathetically weak non conference schedule so their entire season is invalid. So sayeth the HN forums.

Latest posts