Ohio St beat Ill.

I

Ian Pike Hammer

87-81. Suddenly Ill is losing ALOT.
43-28 Buckeyes at the half; Ill outscored them by 11 in the 2nd half, but couldn't dig their way out of the hole.
Ohio St.= 53% from the floor, 52.4% from beyond the arc. Bench scored 24 pts. 18-23 made FT's.

Mark the Ohio St. game down on your calendar.!! They are trending up!

Do yourself a favor Hawk fans, go look at the standings RIGHT NOW. It's a great feeling and will stay with you for a while.
I'd feel a lot better looking at them at about 2:00 tomorrow if we can get out of Evanston with a win.

Illinois smashed them there about ten days ago. Now Illinois has gone down again.

It's a dog eat dog conference. Fortunately we got a Doberman in Garza. Hell we have several Dobermans.

Ohio State is intriguing. Every year it seems like they have one or two players transfer out or declare early and every year they plug in some new pieces and soldier on. For the time being they do seem to be settling into a groove.

I'd feel a lot better looking at them at about 2:00 tomorrow if we can get out of Evanston with a win.

Illinois smashed them there about ten days ago. Now Illinois has gone down again.

It's a dog eat dog conference. Fortunately we got a Doberman in Garza. Hell we have several Dobermans.

Ohio State is intriguing. Every year it seems like they have one or two players transfer out or declare early and every year they plug in some new pieces and soldier on. For the time being they do seem to be settling into a groove.
I would correct you on 1 point. I think we got Pitbulls, not Dobermans! Yeah, ever since their long run in the NCAA a couple years ago, Ohio State has become a "wnt to go there" destination for many top recruits. I'm hoping this year will see Iowa become the same.

Ohio State made 9 straight free throws in the last few minutes. That sure helps!
It's almost as simple as that. You make your FTs down the stretch and you'll be tough to beat. That's what I blame the MN loss on we had... We make one more FT in regulation and there'd have been no OT in that game

OSU did make their last 9 FT. But they were 1-6 in the 1:45 right before that, with a turnover. That stretch is the only reason the game got tight in the final minute.

It's almost as simple as that. You make your FTs down the stretch and you'll be tough to beat. That's what I blame the MN loss on we had... We make one more FT in regulation and there'd have been no OT in that game
Just as a reference point, Iowa is 95th in the nation in FT shooting. The #'s below reflect games played, off . scoring avg., FT's made per game, FT's taken per game, total FT's made, and Total FT's taken and FT %.
95​
Iowa

Just as a reference point, Iowa is 95th in the nation in FT shooting. The #'s below reflect games played, off . scoring avg., FT's made per game, FT's taken per game, total FT's made, and Total FT's taken and FT %.
95​
Iowa
They are capable of so much more... I think Garza would/should be shooting more FTs then he is if he wasn't as good at shooting outside as he is. He's done better this yr then last by a mile which is great. But guys like JW and CJ have kinda let us down. They gotta be close to 80% plus they have no excuses.

They are capable of so much more... I think Garza would/should be shooting more FTs then he is if he wasn't as good at shooting outside as he is. He's done better this yr then last by a mile which is great. But guys like JW and CJ have kinda let us down. They gotta be close to 80% plus they have no excuses.
I had hoped we'd be top 20/25% in the nation in FT%, but I'm not complaining. JBo is starting to get to the line more now. I think we'll be fine but of course, I'd like to see our percentage a little higher. Why didn't I ask Santa when I had the chance?

I had hoped we'd be top 20/25% in the nation in FT%, but I'm not complaining. JBo is starting to get to the line more now. I think we'll be fine but of course, I'd like to see our percentage a little higher. Why didn't I ask Santa when I had the chance?
Yeah it feels like nitpicking to whine about it considering how the team has done all yr so far. But it bit us once. It'd be nice for it to be a strength of ours and not a liability late in games. Hopefully it won't.

Just a quick reference to the various OSU comments...They lost at home last night to Purdue in a game they easily could have won.

I hate to defend Illinois but I did notice they have only played 3 Quad 3/4 games. So they’ve had very few “automatic” wins.

Latest posts