Oh those silly Hawkeyes

I am glad I grew up well before the advent of facebook. As it is, I still could never run for president because there are too many people still alive that may remember what I was doing between '81 and '84... But at least they don't have pictures of it .... And the drinking age was 19!

shocking.:rolleyes:

are you shocked at my response or are you saying the tat is shocking?

The fact that it is a hawkeye tat is neither here nor there. I'm talking about the quality of it. it's like one of his boys had a G2 and a sewing needle and did him up in the locker room.

They have no legal expectation of privacy when they pose for and post picutres on a social networking site. And nothing about that pic screams of the need for "respect" of anything.

You're such an astute poster, THH, I'd really like you to elaborate on something. You wrote “… And nothing about that pic screams the need for ‘respect’ of anything.”

Saying it doesn’t imply “respect of anything” implies they don’t have any respect for anything. Enlighten me. What exactly is it about that picture that would imply those guys don’t respect anything? In fact, what is it about that picture that would imply any kind of gross disrespect?

If your answer has anything to do with the fact that there are beer cans on the table, then are you implying:

a) You never consumed alcohol under the age of 21?

- or -

b) If you have consumed alcohol under the age of 21, it was somehow less disrespectful for you to do so that for these guys to do so?

If your answer has anything to do with the fact that they’re showing hand signals, then please, enlighten us further. What exactly do the hand signals mean? Why are those particular signals disrespectful?

Break it down for us, THH.

You're such an astute poster, THH, I'd really like you to elaborate on something. You wrote “… And nothing about that pic screams the need for ‘respect’ of anything.â€

Saying it doesn’t imply “respect of anything†implies they don’t have any respect for anything. Enlighten me. What exactly is it about that picture that would imply those guys don’t respect anything? In fact, what is it about that picture that would imply any kind of gross disrespect?

If your answer has anything to do with the fact that there are beer cans on the table, then are you implying:

a) You never consumed alcohol under the age of 21?

- or -

b) If you have consumed alcohol under the age of 21, it was somehow less disrespectful for you to do so that for these guys to do so?

If your answer has anything to do with the fact that they’re showing hand signals, then please, enlighten us further. What exactly do the hand signals mean? Why are those particular signals disrespectful?

Break it down for us, THH.

Did you bust your thesaurus out for this post?

First off, you can manufacture your own ideas of what I'm implying all you want--I didn't say anything close to what you're trying to put on me and I won't own it because it's not what I meant. But it sure is convenient to start an argument by accusing me of things I quite obviously did not say. I will say what I mean and leave no hidden or unsaid ideas. Obviously I'm not afraid to say what I feel. I was talking exactly and only about this picture. Show me, smart guy, where I said or could even have implied anything about hand signals? Since your reading comprehension skills are lacking, let me go ahead and quote what I said:

"And nothing about that pic screams of the need for "respect" of anything."

Notice the part that says about that pic. Someone earlier had said we need to respect their privacy. There is no privacy when you're posting pics on Facebook. It may not have been their page, but they knew what was going on. And no, I don't think anything about THAT PIC screams to me that we need to respect it. It's kids in college drinking (one underage), playing drinking games, and they are shirtless. And they knew or should have known it would end up on Facebook. I'm not saying it's a horrible thing--but I certainly don't have to respect it.

"It's kids in college drinking (one underage), playing drinking games, and they are shirtless. And they knew or should have known it would end up on Facebook. I'm not saying it's a horrible thing--but I certainly don't have to respect it. "

First, are you saying the under aged kids there are guilty by association? Not one of them had a beer in his hand.

Secondly, They must have missed the memo the requires them to have their shirts on at a gathering.

Lastly, I dont recall anyone asking you to respect it, especially them in the pic. Im willin to bet they really dont give a rats A@# about what you think about it.

"It's kids in college drinking (one underage), playing drinking games, and they are shirtless. And they knew or should have known it would end up on Facebook. I'm not saying it's a horrible thing--but I certainly don't have to respect it. "

First, are you saying the under aged kids there are guilty by association? Not one of them had a beer in his hand. Yes, I have common sense. And I'm not going to pretend that beer just happened to be in the pic. They were all drinking. If you think otherwise then you're tavernhawk. I drank underage too. I never once said it was horrible. Read son, read.

Secondly, They must have missed the memo the requires them to have their shirts on at a gathering. The memo didn't come from me. But I'm allowed to think it's stupid.

Lastly, I dont recall anyone asking you to respect it, especially them in the pic. Im willin to bet they really dont give a rats A@# about what you think about it. Then why are even posting? The reason we are talking about my post is because someone said we need to "respect their privacy". Read son, read. And I don't care if they give a rat's arse what I think about it. You're on a message board too, you're giving opinion. You think everyone who reads it cares what you have to say?

"Yes, I have common sense. And I'm not going to pretend that beer just happened to be in the pic. They were all drinking. If you think otherwise then you're tavernhawk. I drank underage too. I never once said it was horrible. Read son, read."

PLEASE, dont ever accuse me of being your son. Thank you. I hope I am never wrongly accused of something and you are on the jury.

"The memo didn't come from me. But I'm allowed to think it's stupid."

The memo more than likely would have come from their coaches. You certainly are allowed to think its stupid but if ya got it, why not flaunt it.

"You think everyone who reads it cares what you have to say?"

Yes and they should.

"Yes, I have common sense. And I'm not going to pretend that beer just happened to be in the pic. They were all drinking. If you think otherwise then you're tavernhawk. I drank underage too. I never once said it was horrible. Read son, read."

PLEASE, dont ever accuse me of being your son. Thank you. I hope I am never wrongly accused of something and you are on the jury.

"The memo didn't come from me. But I'm allowed to think it's stupid."

The memo more than likely would have come from their coaches. You certainly are allowed to think its stupid but if ya got it, why not flaunt it.

"You think everyone who reads it cares what you have to say?"

Yes and they should.

The simple answer is--because it leads to situations like this.

Two words about this picture.....who cares!!! They are college students playing beer pong in an apartment. I'm sure Ferentz would much rather have them in an apartment having a good time playing a little beer pong over being out at the bars. What do you want them to be doing, all sitting on the couch with dress shirts and khaki pants studying their playbooks? Give me a break. Nothing will come of this, nothing should come of this, end of story, case closed.

Two words about this picture.....who cares!!! They are college students playing beer pong in an apartment. I'm sure Ferentz would much rather have them in an apartment having a good time playing a little beer pong over being out at the bars. What do you want them to be doing, all sitting on the couch with dress shirts and khaki pants studying their playbooks? Give me a break. Nothing will come of this, nothing should come of this, end of story, case closed.

Mods, please close this thread.

i want them to be smart enough to keep these pictures off facebook

Latest posts