O’Grady appreciation thread

I'll second that. She's had a string of quality minute games and will need even more against the upcoming batch of gargantuan women Hawks will face in USC and USC. Good timing with Hannah seeming to me to be a little spacey, lately.

Do wish she could soften up her hands and toughen her grip. Also, hopefully more experience erases some of her deer-in-headlights moments.

She had been playing timidly but tonight she played with confidence. Proud of her, keep it up!

They all stepped up and played huge. It's so easy to say that Caitlin carried the team, but TBH I think her teammates put her in a position to shine last night and they each perfectly complemented each other.

If they can do this two more times who knows? They could make us proud again. Not that we are not already proud of them now.
I feel more at piece with whatever happens going forward. Last night I felt like was a must… if there ever was a redemption game that was it for our team. With that being said they deserve an NC, Go Hawks!!!

She is improving. Great game

Through most of the season, I"ll be honest. Hard to notice. Not terrible, by any stretch. Just not noticeable.
These last few games, going back to the B10 tourney and even the last few of the regular season.

I noticed her. Quite a bit. And all in positive ways.

I feel more at piece with whatever happens going forward. Last night I felt like was a must… if there ever was a redemption game that was it for our team. With that being said they deserve an NC, Go Hawks!!!
Maybe because of the men's team I find my standards are too low, but TBH I'm just enjoying the right and don't have that "they must win" mentality. I absolutely want them to continue to advance but at this point based on the level of competition don't feel as though I'd be disappointed with a loss. Just enjoying every minute they're out there. It won't be a potential loss that bothers me, but rather the fact that regardless of what happens we have less then a week left with this group of seniors and this amazing team.

Maybe because of the men's team I find my standards are too low, but TBH I'm just enjoying the right and don't have that "they must win" mentality. I absolutely want them to continue to advance but at this point based on the level of competition don't feel as though I'd be disappointed with a loss. Just enjoying every minute they're out there. It won't be a potential loss that bothers me, but rather the fact that regardless of what happens we have less then a week left with this group of seniors and this amazing team.

When we upset SC last year (I didn't think we had a chance going into that game), it was surreal. We were on the doorstep of a national championship...at IOWA! We were a better team than LSU, and had we played a 7-game series, we win. But Carson breaks out of a 3/26 slump over her previous 8 games and and shoots 7/8 (including 5/6 from 3), LSU hits 11 3FG (after averaging about 5 per game), and we go down. It was crushing, especially after being so close.

But that loss gives you a better appreciation of just how hard it is to win game after game this time of year. This Iowa team has validated their greatness. They have won 3 straight B1G tournaments, and they have returned to the Final 4. I know that Iowa could beat UCONN, but Iowa could also fall. But neither outcome will impact how I think about this team.

I also know that if Iowa does lose, it is because UCONN played great. Iowa's team is made up of a bunch of dogs (I should probably spell it "dawg" to be cool?), and they are not going to back down or be overwhelmed by the moment. They have shown that time and again. Buckle up, this should be fun.

Latest posts