Oglesby possibly to redshirt?

Would really surprise me if that happens. Redshirting a 9th man doesn't make a lot of sense and after last season's 18% from 3 performance, probably best to move him through. Jok is benefitting from more minutes and is exponentially more dynamic than JO. Keeping a 3 point shooter who can't make 3's and is a defensive liability for an extra year doesn't make sense.

I will cherish the day you get banned.

Well said spider, I hope he can get back in time to get in shape. I would rather he RS than come back when he is not ready to help. I think we will need him. The back court is a little thin right now
I never understand how people can post outright BS lies just to try and prove a point and think no one is going to call them. Josh is one of the better defenders on the team and gives the team another excellent ball handler when he's in there. Jok, right now, is downright awful at both of those. I'm not throwing Jok under the bus by saying that....it's simply a fact. Right now, his defense and ball handling is nowhere CLOSE to where it needs to be to play meaningful minutes in the B1G.....it will get there eventually, but not now. It works against the Maryland Eastern Shores and Abilene Christians of the world, but not the MSUs, OSUs and Wisky's of the world.

I hope JO doesn't have to redshirt because he brings a lot of good things to the court that this team could definitely use once the B1G schedule starts up.

You are right because, unfortunately he doesn't cross the line far enough.

i'm sure he meets the criteria for most sites, but not this one.

btw, what are your thoughts on McCabe this year? he seems to be taking the Eric May role and embracing it.

Would really surprise me if that happens. Redshirting a 9th man doesn't make a lot of sense and after last season's 18% from 3 performance, probably best to move him through. Jok is benefitting from more minutes and is exponentially more dynamic than JO. Keeping a 3 point shooter who can't make 3's and is a defensive liability for an extra year doesn't make sense.
As pointed out, JO is NOT a defensive liability. He plays solid, if not good defense. I'm reminded a little of Kevin Boyle, who made the team on defense. Don't get me wrong .. JO is NOT Kevin Boyle, but there are similarities.

If we used your logic, we would never have red-shirted Kyle Meyer. After all, he was certainly farther down the rotation than the 9th man. But, none the less, was red shirted last year. So there are precedences for doing so.

My opinion is that if he's not going to play this year, use it. He'll be a year older, stronger, and more experienced come his senior year. It can help a great deal.

Just my 2¢ .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

Like to see JO get healthy maybe play a few games towards the end and all tournaments, and if he doesn't play much apply for a medical red shirt.If he plays enough to not qualify fine I just as soon have to scholarship open then JO for an extra year.

Unless there are setbacks JO won't be a RS this season...per the article in the DSM Rag this morning. So far he's progressing as expected so it's likely that JO will be out on the court playing solid defense, making use of his high basketball IQ and draining some 3 pointers for us.

Like to see JO get healthy maybe play a few games towards the end and all tournaments, and if he doesn't play much apply for a medical red shirt.If he plays enough to not qualify fine I just as soon have to scholarship open then JO for an extra year.

I don't think you can come back and play at the end of the season and then apply for a medical redshirt.

This is pretty much right on. I just do not see JO playing much the remainder of his career. Unless he gets his shot back. But even then he will have an uphill battle for minutes. And that will not improve next year, nor the years after. Fran has a good eye for talent and is a good recruiter. The talent level will only increase for the coming years. Which is absolutely fantastic.

Josh may not play much this year, but has a chance to get significant minutes next year at the 2 if he can get his shot figured out.

This is prEtty much right on. I just do not see JO playing much the remainder of his career. Unless he gets his shot back. But even then he will have an uphill battle for minutes. And that will not improve next year, nor the years after. Fran has a good eye for talent and is a good recruiter. The talent level will only increase for the coming years. Which is absolutely fantastic.

You do realize Fran targeted JO and didn't miss any of his AAU games while doing so, right?

Everyone says Fran has an eye for talent, he obviously saw something here, or he wouldn't have put so much time into recruiting him.

If JO redshirts, it would be a good thing.

You do realize Fran targeted JO and didn't miss any of his AAU games while doing so, right?

Everyone says Fran has an eye for talent, he obviously saw something here, or he wouldn't have put so much time into recruiting him.

If JO redshirts, it would be a good thing.

I agree, I think he can be a solid contributor for the next two years. Also, even though it's going to make for a huge class, especially if we add a juco this year, the current sophomore class is going to make or break Fran's tenure at Iowa. So I have no problem going all in on that, if we can get a couple nice NCAA runs out of that group then recruiting will take care of itself.

I agree, I think he can be a solid contributor for the next two years. Also, even though it's going to make for a huge class, especially if we add a juco this year, the current sophomore class is going to make or break Fran's tenure at Iowa. So I have no problem going all in on that, if we can get a couple nice NCAA runs out of that group then recruiting will take care of itself.

Agree with you here as well. The 2015 class becomes really important. It already is, but Iowa will most likely be adding 5 kids in that class. With the amount of really good players Iowa has offered, it will be disappointing if they can't bring in at least 3 top 150 prospects.

Latest posts