Oglesby and White Update (12/22)

JDavis11

White
White finished with 26 points in his last game but unfortunately his team lost a second straight close game.

Boys basketball: St. Edward 75, Strongsville 69 - cleveland.com

This is a new article from the previous game where he scored 29 points. They refer to him as a "guard" but I thought he is playing F/C on his team. Maybe someone can confirm his position. I know Fran wants him as a combo forward.

Stowsentry.com - Big first half leads Stow boys past Strongsville

Oglesby
As SPGroth reported Oglesby had 28 points last night against Kennedy making 8 3's. 6'6 Christian French was guarding Oglesby as Washington fell short and lost to Kennedy.

IowaPrepSports.com Blog Archive Kennedy proves it?s for real in 56-51 win over Washington

Also of note from that article Washpun had 17 points but it looked like only 2-9 from FT.

He'll fit right in then.

;) I kid, I kid...

Thanks for the update. Oglesby scores 28, Washpun 17, the rest of the team scores 6?!?

Yikes I didn't even realize the rest of the team only scored six.

Oglesby was 10-14
Washpun 7-17
Rest of Team 3-18

“The box score said Christian only had four points,â€￾ said Kennedy Coach Bob Fontana. “But in my mind, he had about 16 to 20. I know Josh had 28, but he had to work for every one.â€￾

Um, OK...

Um, OK...

I like the part where he states that French had about 16 to 20 points - I guess he didn't want to commit to a number, too much pressure. It reminds me of the Steve Martin movie, The Jerk, when he was recounting the days he was apart from his girlfriend.

I like where the opposing coach said that White has ''nineteen foot arms'' when referring to the multiple steals White had.
Sounds like Aaron is playing some good competition in the Cleveland area.

I like where the opposing coach said that White has ''nineteen foot arms'' when referring to the multiple steals White had.
Sounds like Aaron is playing some good competition in the Cleveland area.

Aaron does play against some very good competition. The problem with the Cleveland area is that a lot of the public schools are not so good and players have trouble with academics.
St. Edwards won the Division 1 (highest) state championship in football this year. We have a facility in that area and the Plant Manager graduated from St. Ed's and said this will be one of their best bball teams in some time, that speaks highly to the competition that Aaron is seeing. St. Ed's puts out a ton of Division 1 athletes every year in all sports.

Latest posts