Oglesby and Uthoff Visits

Van Coleman compared Uthoff to Ryan Bowen, not quite as athletic as Ryan but a similar player. Uthoff is playing on the perimeter this spring because his AAU team has some other bigs to play on the blocks, his stock is soaring because he is excelling on the wing.

Clearly, Uthoff is a skilled,but thin big man. He seems to be a very good passer. Not sure about his range shooting-wise,but with Poneman comparing him to Hayward,then I presume he can shoot some.
I think he is a fine player,but may not be the exact fit that Fran is seeking for next years class. Lets face it, we have some skilled wing players in May,Marble,Gatens, but we lack real size/athleticism in our big men,outside of maybe Basabe. I am not sure that Uthoff is a luxury we can afford as we try to rebuild this roster. At Illinois, they have tons of athletes coming in from 2009-2011...they just need to add a skilled wing that can shoot and pass. They have Richmond,Leonard and probably Shaw coming...we need to matchup with those types...not sure Uthoff is the right fit right now at Iowa. But, definitely a possiblity that he ends up getting that offer from Iowa. But if he really wants to commit by the end of next month...not sure it will be in time.
Of course, a verbal commit to Illinois or wisky means nothing...heck, not even a signed LOI will stop big ten teams from pursuing other league recruits now..great,isn't it?

Latest posts