Officiating

Herky4Prez

LSU played the better game today, but they didn't need the officials help.

"I can't comment on the officials," Bluder said. "It's very frustrating because I feel like I can't talk to them. They won't even listen. That's what's frustrating is there wasn't even a conversation that could be had."

How the LSU coach could literally run into the officials on the sideline during play, talk to them and be on the court most of the game but Bluder can't even talk to the officials? It does make you wonder what was going on...unfortunate this game was played in the south. Different crew in Indianapolis this game is probably called a bit differently. Pretty sad state of things.

I'm done with ESPN, ABC, and even the NCAA. The winner was always going to be from the ESPNSEC network. It's time for everyone not in the SEC to form their own college association. It's bad enough that the SEC has always cheated in recruiting and play players with a 1.6 GPA, but now they are allied with ESPN and ABC and controlling the games themselves. After what I saw today I don't trust college sports anymore. Hope it's not sour grapes but that game today was fixed.

I'm done with ESPN, ABC, and even the NCAA. The winner was always going to be from the ESPNSEC network. It's time for everyone not in the SEC to form their own college association. It's bad enough that the SEC has always cheated in recruiting and play players with a 1.6 GPA, but now they are allied with ESPN and ABC and controlling the games themselves. After what I saw today I don't trust college sports anymore. Hope it's not sour grapes but that game today was fixed.
Case in point Angel Reese, tourney MVP! Clark set individual records and brought record crowds and a national audience, and scored 30 in the finals. ONLY player to score triple doubles, two 40 plus games, and upset of SC. Angel Reese, really?

In fact, I would even say, this post conference I put Lisa Bluder even in further high regard if that was even possible.

She is a Hawkeye through and through.....and I could feel her pain. This is a hard loss and the way it happened.....and I'm sure there is a lot more she would like to say...but she handled with total grace.

She is a great coach for our program. I hope for Lisa, her assistants, and the rest of the players....they can still put together a National Championship while Caitlin is still here. They would be a good representative of a National Champion imho.

Case in point Angel Reese, tourney MVP! Clark set individual records and brought record crowds and a national audience, and scored 30 in the finals. ONLY player to score triple doubles, two 40 plus games, and upset of SC. Angel Reese, really?
If ever a player on the losing team shoulda won that this woulda been the year... But it's pretty well established that isn't how things go at all. Andre Dawson isn't winning an MVP nowadays.

Ironically, last female player to win without title, SC coach.
I had no idea that happened either..... Honestly I didn't even think about that award maybe going to Clark till after I'd seen others saying how Reese got it. That is what it is. To me it just makes the awards dumb. If the obvious best player isn't winning the awards then what are we doing?

Bluder and company set the bench mark for class. Damn proud of her and her Hawkeyes.
Agree 1000%. And I just HATE to ask this question. But I can see she isn't getting any younger. It makes me wonder how many more years we will have Bluder? I have even pondered about whether she now goes when Caitlin Clark goes. Whenever it is, she will prove to be almost as irreplaceable as Caitlin Clark will be.

Latest posts