Officiating

marshallcart

I'm already seeing some "officiating sucks" threads. Iowa fans should realize one thing: You know who b!tches about officiating? The losing team.

(ISU fans should wake up to this as well.)

I'm already seeing some "officiating sucks" threads. Iowa fans should realize one thing: You know who b!tches about officiating? The losing team.

Incorrect: The "losing team" doesn't...its fans do. But even the fans of the winning team notice and complain about horrible officiating against their guys. It's just not brought up as much due to a W. And win or lose, the officiating was indeed, horrible tonight. And no, it didn't cost Iowa a win. The first half offense (or lack thereof) did, but it was noticeable nonetheless.

Incorrect: The "losing team" doesn't...its fans do. But even the fans of the winning team notice and complain about horrible officiating against their guys. It's just not brought up as much due to a W. And win or lose, the officiating was indeed, horrible tonight. And no, it didn't cost Iowa a win. The first half offense (or lack thereof) did, but it was noticeable nonetheless.

If you complain about the officiating you are blaming them for the loss #trolllogic

it's our fault we lost, and the officiating sucked ... these are not mutually exclusive events

One of my biggest pet peeves I have is the officiating complaints, it happens during all games win or lose. In the end Iowa just didn't do enough. How many times Iowa miss the front end of a 1-1???

IT IS SO VERY, VERY OLD!!

One of my biggest pet peeves I have is the officiating complaints, it happens during all games win or lose.

IT IS SO VERY, VERY OLD!!

ah but there are degrees ... and there was a higher degree tonight, clearly ... but not to the level being an outlier ... this was typical home favoritism for the better team ... it happens in every conference, especially in March

that said, if no one ever calls them on it, how can we expect it to improve?

The thing that drives me crazy is that calls favor the home team at an unbelievable level. The Hawks have gotten quite a few terrible calls at Carver that are shameful. A few of the calls that Zeller got the other day were downright laughable. When I coached I used to say that we had to play 5-7 points better on the road (I didn't tell the kids the reason why). Oh well. What can you do? Play better and this doesn't become as big of an issue. Also, the aggressive, attacking team gets calls. We need to get stronger, this will help as well.

It's an Iowa culture thing. Victims.

Latest posts