Officials/Umpires w/ agendas (egos)

got a few white sox fans in the crowd today.

All I am saying is these guys constantly argue calls and they are more worried about their contracts than actually winning a game.

I am not an old man I am in my upper 30's. I have officiated at college and pro levels and it isn't easy. The players constantly ride you the entire game. The $$ is not worth it in my book, that is why I got out of it. It is seriously like a kindergarten classroom out there, these guys talking trash and anytime something happens, they start pointing fingers are the other people. It is a joke. And you sir are the one who is a F*cking idiot, you act like you know everything. Just cause your white sox and celtics lost the same day, doesn't give you the right to blast two of the best guys in the profession. Grow up

I HATE the Celtics. See my avatar. And I don't give a rip about the sox. I think they actually won that game though? And Those two are NOT two of the best in the profession. Can you even name the NBA ref?

I HATE the Celtics. See my avatar. And I don't give a rip about the sox. I think they actually won that game though? And Those two are NOT two of the best in the profession. Can you even name the NBA ref?

I am just guessing if he is working the conference Finals, he must of been pretty good through out the year. Most of those officials are voted on by the coaches and the league assigns the best officials for the playoffs. The guy must be doing something right if was voted by the coaches as one of the top officials in the NBA.

I know i was just messin with some of these guys. I know this is arguement that could go on forever, but I just wanted to inform people that there is alot more to officiating than what they see on TV. I will not disagree with you, there are some bad apples out there (ed hightower, teddy valentine.) But there are also several good young officials out there as well.
I remember growing up our coach in high school used to tell us not to ever show up an umpire. If you do, they will get you back. Sadly there are umps that do that at all levels.

I

I am just guessing if he is working the conference Finals, he must of been pretty good through out the year. Most of those officials are voted on by the coaches and the league assigns the best officials for the playoffs. The guy must be doing something right if was voted by the coaches as one of the top officials in the NBA.

I know i was just messin with some of these guys. I know this is arguement that could go on forever, but I just wanted to inform people that there is alot more to officiating than what they see on TV. I will not disagree with you, there are some bad apples out there (ed hightower, teddy valentine.) But there are also several good young officials out there as well.
I remember growing up our coach in high school used to tell us not to ever show up an umpire. If you do, they will get you back. Sadly there are umps that do that at all levels.

I

Fair enough, but you made some crazy outlandish arguments.

I have seen way too much of it lately. Twice today, two egos came into play.

First, in the White Sox game, where fat arse loser Joe West ran Buehrle for dropping his glove in disgust on a questionable balk call.

I loved Ozzie's response after the game.

Second, tonight in the Celtics-Magic Game 5. Kendrick Perkins, who I honestly cannot stand, got screwed. The first T was questionable, at best. The second was HORRIBLE. He got ejected in the 2nd quarter for walking away from a call that went against him.

I am sick of the P.O.S. refs/umps w/ agendas and egos bigger than the game that pull this crap all the time. Hell, the other night that NBA ref was getting heckled and he threw the ball at the fan in the stands. The fan threw it back at him, and the FAN got ejected from the game. WTF?!

OK, there, I feel better.
I've even seen some unbelievable behavior at my Wednesday night bowling league. Some guys have the audacity to flip off the bowling pins when they don't get a strike! Sometimes even double barrel birds! It's like they own the place! And this one dude tries to intimidate his opponent by wearing muscle shirts in the dead of winter!

I can't imagine what NBA officials deal with! This sort stuff even happens in West Des Moines!

I've even seen some unbelievable behavior at my Wednesday night bowling league. Some guys have the audacity to flip off the bowling pins when they don't get a strike! Sometimes even double barrel birds! It's like they own the place! And this one dude tries to intimidate his opponent by wearing muscle shirts in the dead of winter!

I can't imagine what NBA officials deal with! This sort stuff even happens in West Des Moines!

Unbelievable. A guy who flips off bowling pins? Really? Let me guess, he probably has a crapload of tattoos and rides his motorcycle everywhere he can. Oh, and those muscle shirts have the good 'ole Harley Davidson logo on them, right? We might know the same guy! ;)

Latest posts