Officials/Umpires w/ agendas (egos)

HAWKEYESTATE4ever

I have seen way too much of it lately. Twice today, two egos came into play.

First, in the White Sox game, where fat arse loser Joe West ran Buehrle for dropping his glove in disgust on a questionable balk call.

I loved Ozzie's response after the game.

Second, tonight in the Celtics-Magic Game 5. Kendrick Perkins, who I honestly cannot stand, got screwed. The first T was questionable, at best. The second was HORRIBLE. He got ejected in the 2nd quarter for walking away from a call that went against him.

I am sick of the P.O.S. refs/umps w/ agendas and egos bigger than the game that pull this crap all the time. Hell, the other night that NBA ref was getting heckled and he threw the ball at the fan in the stands. The fan threw it back at him, and the FAN got ejected from the game. WTF?!

OK, there, I feel better.

At least the ref in the Boston - Orlando game was able to help hold up Glen Davis when he was loopy after the accidental elbow to the face. :)

At least the ref in the Boston - Orlando game was able to help hold up Glen Davis when he was loopy after the accidental elbow to the face. :)

I will question the fact that it was accidental.... Joey Crawford coulda got smashed if big baby fell

So none of those guys said anything to the umpries/officials? They just stood there and got ejected/T'd up for just looking at the official? I highly doubt that, the said something or possibly said something earlier in the game to the official that could of caught the officials attention.

I am sorry but your explanation sounds a bit off, no GOOD official would T someone up for looking at them and no umpire would eject someone for dropping their glove. There is more the story that you probably didn't hear.

The Perkins techs are really going to be big because that gives him seven for the playoffs which means he will be suspended for the next game unless the league overturns one of the technicals from last night.

The Perkins techs are really going to be big because that gives him seven for the playoffs which means he will be suspended for the next game unless the league overturns one of the technicals from last night.

The league will take away one of them, maybe both. He will not be suspended.

And 1982, at some point these refs/umps need to realize NOBODY pays to see them. We all pay to see the best athletes in the world. And your argument that he may have "said or did something early in the game" is crap. That actually supports my argument. That is a guy w/ an agenda.

yeah the problem with the technicals is that 4 of those were part of double technicals which happens far to much and it is an easy way for officals to get out of calling fouls on either guy in the post. Big guys fight for position down low and instead of calling fouls either way to stop it they just call a double technical which is a joke IMHO... i am going to bet the league over turns one of those T's from last night and they should...i have seen other players this offseason cry and complain more to officals than P did last night and they don't get squat.

The league will take away one of them, maybe both. He will not be suspended.

And 1982, at some point these refs/umps need to realize NOBODY pays to see them. We all pay to see the best athletes in the world. And your argument that he may have "said or did something early in the game" is crap. That actually supports my argument. That is a guy w/ an agenda.

So if a player walks up to you and calls you an f*cking idiot and constantly is riding your @ss about a call you made. the official should just let it go? You get your butt out there and try it, it isn't easy having players down your neck the entire 60min of game. Sometimes these players need to be taught a lesson, and if they don't get the hint, well then it just goes to show that they are more stupid than most people thought.

So why have officials at all? Heck lets just get rid of them. The players will monitor themselves on the court and on the baseball field. Because we know these are the TOP people in america. These athletes are so mature and just great role models for our youth. They can handle playing like civilized human beings. haha what a joke.

Some of these players act like if they get called for a foul, its strictly the refs fault, because god knows they didn't do anything wrong. Give me a break, both players you mentioned are two of the biggest douchebags in sports. Both of them are a joke to their respective sports.

That is why professional sports are a joke to me, i would much rather watch a college sport, than the NBA, MLB, and NFL. These guys care more about a stupid paycheck, than they do about winning.

So if a player walks up to you and calls you an f*cking idiot and constantly is riding your @ss about a call you made. the official should just let it go? You get your butt out there and try it, it isn't easy having players down your neck the entire 60min of game. Sometimes these players need to be taught a lesson, and if they don't get the hint, well then it just goes to show that they are more stupid than most people thought.

So why have officials at all? Heck lets just get rid of them. The players will monitor themselves on the court and on the baseball field. Because we know these are the TOP people in america. These athletes are so mature and just great role models for our youth. They can handle playing like civilized human beings. haha what a joke.

Some of these players act like if they get called for a foul, its strictly the refs fault, because god knows they didn't do anything wrong. Give me a break, both players you mentioned are two of the biggest douchebags in sports. Both of them are a joke to their respective sports.

That is why professional sports are a joke to me, i would much rather watch a college sport, than the NBA, MLB, and NFL. These guys care more about a stupid paycheck, than they do about winning.

You are a bitter old man who, at some point must have been a ref or an ump. College sports have egos too. All of these guys played college sports at one point or another with the new rule in place. Perkins is a d-bag, but he did nothing that you are accusing him of in your response. I said he walked away. He did not call the ref a "f*cking idiot." But maybe that is what I should call you? ;)

got a few white sox fans in the crowd today.

All I am saying is these guys constantly argue calls and they are more worried about their contracts than actually winning a game.

I am not an old man I am in my upper 30's. I have officiated at college and pro levels and it isn't easy. The players constantly ride you the entire game. The $$ is not worth it in my book, that is why I got out of it. It is seriously like a kindergarten classroom out there, these guys talking trash and anytime something happens, they start pointing fingers are the other people. It is a joke. And you sir are the one who is a F*cking idiot, you act like you know everything. Just cause your white sox and celtics lost the same day, doesn't give you the right to blast two of the best guys in the profession. Grow up

All I am saying is these guys constantly argue calls and they are more worried about their contracts than actually winning a game.

I am not an old man I am in my upper 30's. I have officiated at college and pro levels and it isn't easy. The players constantly ride you the entire game. The $$ is not worth it in my book, that is why I got out of it. It is seriously like a kindergarten classroom out there, these guys talking trash and anytime something happens, they start pointing fingers are the other people. It is a joke. And you sir are the one who is a F*cking idiot, you act like you know everything. Just cause your white sox and celtics lost the same day, doesn't give you the right to blast two of the best guys in the profession. Grow up

First of all i could give 2 rats bleep about either the White Sox or the Celtics sir....i am just stating a FACT that these refs these days and maybe you were one of the bad ones to who think people come to watch them so the show is all about them and they don't give 2 shakes if they make bad calls after bad calls....

And it seems to me that you are the one who needs to do ALOT of growing up...seriesously calling something names on a mesasge board is more than likely going to just get you banned so GROW UP and realize the refs these days are a total joke.

Yes TCHawk you are so wise. These officials love being in the spotlight, this is their whole dream is to be recognized on national tv. Do you realize all these guys have other professions. They don't just officiate, they have other jobs that they do. The strictly do this because it is something they love to do.

Fine we will have it your way, lets start a petition to ban all officials, umpires from sporting events. lets see how organized and how poorly played these games will be. In your eyes the sports don't need officials. Oh please ban me sir, i called the professional athletes names. I forgot these guys can't handle being called names, and we should feel sorry for them and respect their feelings.

I'm done with this subject, its fans like you who go crazy at Iowa games over the officials, and I turn around and laugh at how stupid you look. Read the rules books for each sport and then get back to me. Good Day.

Yes TCHawk you are so wise. These officials love being in the spotlight, this is their whole dream is to be recognized on national tv. Do you realize all these guys have other professions. They don't just officiate, they have other jobs that they do. The strictly do this because it is something they love to do.

Fine we will have it your way, lets start a petition to ban all officials, umpires from sporting events. lets see how organized and how poorly played these games will be. In your eyes the sports don't need officials. Oh please ban me sir, i called the professional athletes names. I forgot these guys can't handle being called names, and we should feel sorry for them and respect their feelings.

I'm done with this subject, its fans like you who go crazy at Iowa games over the officials, and I turn around and laugh at how stupid you look. Read the rules books for each sport and then get back to me. Good Day.

This is the problem for most officals is they don't call crap by the rule book. If they did that and ALL of them did it consistantly there would not be the issue that there is. But they don't call it by the book and then they really don't call things at the end of the games that are close for some odd reason. Then you got clowns like Ed Hightower who think people come to the games to watch him so he makes a freeking production out of it...it is laughable that you are sticking up for these guys...

The big fix would be if they actually publicly held the officals responsible for their screwups like they do to the players.

Are you serious dude? Obviously you have the bias here from your experience as a ref. Maybe you had such a hard time because you weren't very good at it?? You've shown you are incapable of looking at something objectively. I've now heard 3 different radio shows discussing these incidents and ALL THREE have said these refs are abusing their power, especially in the White Sox game. The guy has never had two balks in a SEASON and he has two in one inning then gets tossed without saying a word. Give me a break man.

I am sick of the P.O.S. refs/umps w/ agendas and egos bigger than the game that pull this crap all the time. Hell, the other night that NBA ref was getting heckled and he threw the ball at the fan in the stands. The fan threw it back at him, and the FAN got ejected from the game. WTF?!

The mistake the fan made is that he should have kept the ball and kept on walking. There have been personalities in the world of officiating before, but they never let it affect the game. Ron Luciano and Eric Gregg in baseball, Mendy Rudolph in basketball. Fans knew who these guys were, but they didn't have such thin skin as these guys these days.

This is the problem for most officals is they don't call crap by the rule book. If they did that and ALL of them did it consistantly there would not be the issue that there is. But they don't call it by the book and then they really don't call things at the end of the games that are close for some odd reason. Then you got clowns like Ed Hightower who think people come to the games to watch him so he makes a freeking production out of it...it is laughable that you are sticking up for these guys...

The big fix would be if they actually publicly held the officals responsible for their screwups like they do to the players.

I am not sticking up for Ed hightower. he is one of the worst in the game. IDK what he has on the NCAA, but there are SEVERAL officials who hate to work with him. He is will take a call from 30ft away, when there is an official right there. I was actually at a game that he officiated and fans were riding his @ss so bad. He just turned to them and smiled and laughed at them. Of course this set the fans off.

I do know officials read the rule books, and yes the rule books are very picky. I personally think they need to re-write the rule books and sorry to use this term, but "dumb it down" so normally fans can understand what the rules imply. The rule books are very descriptive so they cover every situation.

Example #1: In one of the rule books for the NFL for fair catch signal. It gives you 30 different scenarios of what could happen during a fair catch signal. What official is going to remember each individual scenario? I mean you guys act like these guys have the easiest job in the world. No matter what, any call they make someone is going to be upset.

It's rampant in all sports, i noticed last night in the Padres game, Matt Holliday is up, bases loaded, 3-0 count. Next pitch is about a half foot outside according to their "k zone" Holliday looks back at the ump and the ump says something back and you just know he's going to influence the rest of the at bat. Next pitch, same spot, but called a strike.

Even McClellan from iowa does it, he isn't as flamboyant as most but his delayed strike calls put all the eyes on him. If it's a strike 3 it's almost like he counts to 10 before he makes the final call.

Latest posts