******Official where's the official game day thread?********

karras

I'm a newby who can't find the game day thread?
Please point me toward it in the most humiliating fashion you can come up with.
Thank you.

It's "Whar"
giphy.gif

Maryland's RB currently has 155 yrs and 2 tds... on 3 carries... with 5 min left in the 1st quarter.

You can be the new person to make the football game threads. The current threads tend to get full of spam, maybe you can do a better job. Anyways this should be a nice win. Iowa's defense will play well, they have a similar play-style to that of Maryland whom Iowa completely stuffed. Iowa's will also have no problem with Illinois' so called defense.

And a line that had NFL talent.
Okay, contrarian time.

This line has talent, specifically at the tackles, though I wouldn't be surprised if Render gets a look as well. What's hurt them has been a combination of inconsistent play, inconsistent playcalling and often predictability, and young RBs whose vision just isn't there yet. There's been plenty of missed holes by the backs this season. Good teams dont miss those.

This zone blocking scheme is just a copy of the Bronco scheme of the late 90's, early 2000's. It is designed in a way where you can plug in anybody at running back. As Iowa fans, we have learned over the years, that's just not the case. If he doesn't have the footwork and/or vision to hit the cutback seam then he is going to struggle. He may find some success with the inside zone stuff, but the outside zone plays will be an issue.

This zone blocking scheme is just a copy of the Bronco scheme of the late 90's, early 2000's. It is designed in a way where you can plug in anybody at running back. As Iowa fans, we have learned over the years, that's just not the case. If he doesn't have the footwork and/or vision to hit the cutback seam then he is going to struggle. He may find some success with the inside zone stuff, but the outside zone plays will be an issue.
Sometimes I think we need to just go to Young and stick with him. Seems like Sargent and IKM have a tendency to dance around, instead of taking the yards that are there. Ironically, Wadley did a little bit last season as well.

We need someone who puts their foot in the ground and charges ahead at full speed, and will make tacklers earn the play. Pure speed is useless when you can't get into space.

Sometimes I think we need to just go to Young and stick with him. Seems like Sargent and IKM have a tendency to dance around, instead of taking the yards that are there. Ironically, Wadley did a little bit last season as well.

We need someone who puts their foot in the ground and charges ahead at full speed, and will make tacklers earn the play. Pure speed is useless when you can't get into space.

Yeah, I am okay with Young as the main back and Sargent spelling him. Not sure what you do with IKM.

Latest posts