!*****Official 'Return Of The Suspended Players' ;-) ;-) Game Thread*****!

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It did feel good watching the Lads carry the trophy into the tunnel.....

Well deserved win, despite all

The Second Half Hawks carry the trophy and the day

:cool:

Got some work to do on offense, clearly. Relying on defense to hold teams to 10 points every game ain't gonna get us to 12...or 11, 10, or 9.
From memory teams like this under ferentz go 7-5 or so, the injury bug starts to strike and the bumbling ineptitude of the offense never really gets better.

ISU has talent and a very good coach. Great RB was shut down today by a good Hawkeye defense. This defense is good. ISU is talented. They have excellent team speed. We have a ton to work on. UNI will be salty as always but a good game to use to prepare for Wisky. Im less than impressed with the offense. Stanley will clean it up though. He better! Good win against a good team.

ISU has talent and a very good coach. Great RB was shut down today by a good Hawkeye defense. This defense is good. ISU is talented. They have excellent team speed. We have a ton to work on. UNI will be salty as always but a good game to use to prepare for Wisky. Im less than impressed with the offense. Stanley will clean it up though. He better! Good win against a good team.

Seriously think playing UNI will prepare Iowa for Wisconsin? Only if Wisconsin plays with blindfolds the whole game.

thoughts over 2 games:
D line is legit "bullies of the big 10" good.
OL, not so much
Stanley has regressed so much it's painful
Noah Fant needs to cure himself of the drops.
Is it the WR coach or the lack of talent that causes the WRs to suck every year........probably both.
DBs and LBs are about what I expected.

take away...
it wasn't pretty but a win over those sheep "lovers" in ames makes the year much better.

SAFE PLACE TO RANT just a bit here.

STANLEY - he lacks the chutzpah that Iowa needs. There is no leadership on the Iowa offense. This is why, despite having some decent players this year, Iowa will middle. I should make that my signature, but I wont