*** Official *** Rationalizing Thread

If just a different part of the rotating ball on Meyers' second kick hits the upright, it bounces through instead of out, Iowa has three more points and we win! The wrong part of the ball hit the goalpost.

There should have been official review of whether Gray held the ball out of bounds before he crossed into the end zone. Without those six points, Minnesota loses and Iowa wins!

Ferentz got screwed on the challenge of whether the ball hit the ground as the Gopher receiver caught it and he briefly lost possession.

Minnesota played with more emotion because they have a fiery coach; we don't.

Last edited:
It's not the coaches fault. It's not the players fault. It's my fault because I didn't wear my got damned tiger hawk game face!:mad:

Iowa played better in the Metrodome because it is an NFL facility and we have so many NFL-ready players. This new stadium is just not a great place to play football games. It minimizes the advantage Iowa had with its boisterous fans.

Last edited:
Kirk didn't have his hands people in on Minnesota's kickoff because he didn't want to get trapped deep in our own territory should the Gophers kick deep.

Iowa played better in the Metrodome because it is an NFL facility and we have so many NFL-ready players. This new stadium is just not a great place to play football games.

That explains Iowa's struggles at Jack Trice as well, since it's a high school facility.

we shouldn't have deviated from conservative philosophy and been so aggressive today. Next week we bank those last two timeouts in the 2nd half.

Anybody notice TCF stadium does the exact same **** they do at Jack Trice? The same first down chant, the same "make some noise" 3rd down announcement, and Sweet Caroline. I thought I was back in Ames today.

Several members of our defensive front line are color blind and just like with Iowa State it is hard for them to make out those maroon shirts against a green turf field.

Latest posts