OFFICIAL Official "We're back" Thread

When we actually hold our own in the top of the B1G as a legitimate contender.

Schedule thus far is really weak and one of our losses may prove to be a bad loss.

If Iowa is 500 come end of January in B1G, will begin to hope. Till then, I'll be Missourian....show me....

Schedule thus far is really weak and one of our losses may prove to be a bad loss.

If Iowa is 500 come end of January in B1G, will begin to hope. Till then, I'll be Missourian....show me....

I think you are missing the point of "We're back" threads.

Just looked and saw that Iowa is #33 in the Sagarin Ratings. When was the last time we were that high?

Just looked and saw that Iowa is #33 in the Sagarin Ratings. When was the last time we were that high?

They are there now, but haven't really defeated any world beaters at this point. Iowa has a tough schedule ahead, fan skeptism isn't going to affect the results on the court.

They are there now, but haven't really defeated any world beaters at this point. Iowa has a tough schedule ahead, fan skeptism isn't going to affect the results on the court.

I think Iowa is back, but what is Iowa going to be next year?

We're 41st in Kenpom's rankings. That has to be the highest in quite some time. It's getting closer to that time where going to have to drop the cynical stuff and realize that we're a good team.

I'm not ready yet but that time is approaching.

If we accept 41 as being back we have standards like the clowns. Lets say we are back when were a little higher than that please. Cripes

Has anyone even watched any Iowa BB the last 6 or 7 years or so?

I realize anyone can (and too many do) nit pick the SOS so far this year, the 2 Iowa losses, Iowa hasn't yet made the NCAA tournament... yadda, yadda, yadda.

The results and facts are in so far this year. Iowa has beaten 3 or 4 good opponents in G-W, W KY, IA ST and UNI. Iowa has lost 2 games to good or better opponents on a neutral and away courts (Both extremely experienced and senior laden teams.) Iowa has BLOWN out all of the mediocre and the cupcakes.

Beginning last year with the sweep of Wisky, and other great wins against Minny, Indiana and Illanoy in the tourney... yes IOWA is back.

Along with that Iowa passes the eye test and the future is so bright... you better be wearing sunglasses. 4 underclass starters, lose only one player in Eric May and add 3 good players next year.

Let me repeat this for all of you naysayers, idiots and KNOW-NOTHINGS and geeks who want to define "what is back?"...

IOWA IS BACK

Not back yet. Not in tip 25. Not in top half of big. Loss to Mac team. No conf. Games played yet. Haven't made the tourney. Not back yet.