**Official New Year's Day Bowl Game Thread**

clowney.0_standard_500.0.gif

That was fast!

It's tough rooting for Michigan knowing they just poached one of our recruits but seeing the SEC go down to a B1G team is too good to pass up.

Michigan is getting so close to a sack, but can't close the deal. Either of those sacks would've been huge!

So if I calculate my calculations correctly, Wisconsin needs to win for the Big Ten to go .500 in the bowl season.

On a side note… It looks like Barry Alvarez has the same shades and sweater on from the last time he coached in the Rose Bowl. Anyone, anyone?

For being considered such a strong conference, the Big 10 is really struggling so far in bowl games. (My apologies if somebody just said that). I've been busy watching bowl games.

Just the 3 NYD Bowl games Big 10 against the SEC
Capital One started this match up in 1992 SEC leads 12-9
Outback started this matchup in 1995 SEC leads 11-7
Gator Bowl started this match up 3 years ago SEC 2-1
I did not include BCS champ games and BCS games there was also the Music City bowl that was Big 10/SEC for a number of years but it has not been that matchup for some time now

Despite the numbers- (1-2 today) could have easily been 2-1 and if Nebraska had a QB it could have been 3-0

Papathehawki-the big 10 has had a national image issue since 2006 losing a lot of bowl games and big out of conference games. We have also had some teams lose to 1-aa teams.

For being considered such a strong conference, the Big 10 is really struggling so far in bowl games. (My apologies if somebody just said that). I've been busy watching bowl games.

Uh, what? This isn't basketball. The Big 10 was viewed as an extremely weak football conference this season with the sanctions to OSU and PSU. I was actually impressed with the performances of Northwestern, Nebraska, Minnesota, Michigan, and Michigan State. I thought Nebraska and Minnesota would get rolled. Both teams should have won their games (and Michigan), but blew them late. Purdue got crushed as expected, and Wisconsin looks bad which isn't surprising since they aren't even remotely close to being a BCS caliber team.

Latest posts