***OFFICIAL Iowa v Fuskers Game Thread***

Fugly Fugly Fugly basketball team...would have a better record posing as a football team in the Big 12.

Last edited:
I'm not too optimistic about this one but I would love to be wrong. I just can't think of too many times when an Iowa team NEEDED to win on the road and than did.

As I sit here, sipping on coffee @ the Baymont in Omaha, there are a few Nebby BB folks around. Brief conversations with them (can't miss me in my bright yellow pull over) indicate they feel Iowa will wear down Nebby, win by 10+, etc. They feel their top 5 can somewhat compete with most teams in the middle-lower tier, but, it drops off a lot after...hurting them.

They like their new coach, and yes, think that Gesell's signing with Iowa hastened the previous coach's departure. Gesell is highly spoken of here. Good kid, talented....went to a better program (aka Barnes).

this is exactly the kind of road win that hawk teams seem to find a way to lose

head sez: nebby 70 iowa 66

heart sez: iowa 76 nebby 60 may scores 12

i'm going with head and hoping for heart

This game worries me as well. I kind of agree with Seth's post that our depth may be the deciding factor. This is one of those games that if we can control tempo, we should be able to pull away late. Let's hope that's the case.

I'm not worried about this game .. .. as long as Iowa shows up. If we try to phone this one in, it could be trouble.

Iowa 81
KneeBrasKee 69

GO HAWKS!!!

2 Things happpen IMO... I don't see Nebraska scoring more than 60 points in this game.

Iowa will come out and roll Nebraska win by 15+.. Iowa hits 70+ points. This scenario Iowa wins 73-57..

-or-

Nebraska wants to slow the game and stay out of Transition if Iowa gets lost in that Style, then Iowa is in BIG trouble. This scenario sucks because now game is a toss up on opponent's court and we all know how those games go and then add the road officiating in the BT (Double Yuk)..

This is a lock. We win by at least 23. Woody goes wood on them... hammers them. 6 blocks. White kicks butt. This win will get us on the bubble.

Latest posts