Official Iowa @ Ohio St game thread

The metric numbers love Iowa, but we don't want Tom Burnett(committee tournament chair) on selection Sunday explaining why or why didn't the Hawks make the dance. You want it drama free and it might as well start today. I am going against the naysayers and say Iowa wins 82-76
Turned out to be a good call. Iowa has had some success in that building in the Fran era and had some more today.

We better hope JT, Uhlis, and Perkins come back next year. If Phillip has another year of eligibility (anyone know for sure) that would be a plus.

Well the hawks got that crappy last loss back with a stunning win.

Great. I thought they were about to implode after the Mich loss. Now you wonder how the hell did they lose to Mich.

Is it just intensity with this team and wanes once in awhile???
I posted somewhere that a quick turnaround might work in this team's favor.

This turnaround was about as quick as it gets, especially with travel involved. But in this case it seemed to work.

Lot of good things in yesterdays game- the 1st half comeback, the 2nd half tenacity when Keegan was the focus of OS defense.......I do think Ulis is taking steps forward, although sometimes he seems to be to intent on being the finisher. I guess if it gets him to the line, that's not all bad, but sometimes I wish he would look to an open teammate......but yesterday, it seemed like there was a a bit more intensity in the Murray dynamic when they were on the floor together. I think time is running out to see them play together at a high level, so I hope we see more in remaining games.

Ulis and Murray need to be on the court more! Iowa is a way better team especially Defensively and Offensively smoother with both of them out there than wasting away on the Bench. I truly hope Fran continues this moving forward..

I’ve said it all season.. Murray Twins, Ulis, PMAC and Jbo (When Hitting) if not Perkins. Is the Iowa’s best Iowa Lineup!! Yesterday’s game is solid PROOF of that!!

Joe T. The kid needs to slow the hell down he plays way to recklessly.

Great Win yesterday!

Ulis and Murray need to be on the court more! Iowa is a way better team especially Defensively and Offensively smoother with both of them out there than wasting away on the Bench. I truly hope Fran continues this moving forward..

I’ve said it all season.. Murray Twins, Ulis, PMAC and Jbo (When Hitting) if not Perkins. Is the Iowa’s best Iowa Lineup!! Yesterday’s game is solid PROOF of that!!

Joe T. The kid needs to slow the hell down he plays way to recklessly.

Great Win yesterday!

There It Is

Well evidently we have at least one. Perkins.

Yeah, Wade Lookingbill talked about this on a local radio show a couple of weeks ago. He was saying May, June and July are the times to "fix" your jumper. He was speaking specifically about Perkins and at the time Pmac. His opinion was get buckets anyway you can and worry about your jumper in the off season.

Pmac has found his stroke, but for Perk you want him to attack the rim, shoot the floaters and figure out the jumper later.

Yeah, Wade Lookingbill talked about this on a local radio show a couple of weeks ago. He was saying May, June and July are the times to "fix" your jumper. He was speaking specifically about Perkins and at the time Pmac. His opinion was get buckets anyway you can and worry about your jumper in the off season.

Pmac has found his stroke, but for Perk you want him to attack the rim, shoot the floaters and figure out the jumper later.
Wade Lookingbill! There's a name from the archives. I knew his sister a little bit in college.

Wade had back surgery in mid career,, built himself into a solid player, then really elevated his role after Chris Street accident. A good modern day comp to Lookingbill would be Nicholas Baer.

Wade Lookingbill! There's a name from the archives. I knew his sister a little bit in college.

Wade had back surgery in mid career,, built himself into a solid player, then really elevated his role after Chris Street accident. A good modern day comp to Lookingbill would be Nicholas Baer.
Good comparison.