Official IOWA-illinois game thread

The way we missed FTs I am not sure if I wouldnt have kept fouling with 17 seconds left
No kidding.

Great hustle on FT rebounds....

but 3 straight misses on front end by 3 different guys and then MG missed the first one of his two. bi-polar....

No kidding.

Great hustle on FT rebounds....

but 3 straight misses on front end by 3 different guys and then MG missed the first one of his two. bi-polar....

White, Uhl, Jok, and Clemmons hit 17 of 19 from the FT line. The rest of the team was 3 for 11. Uthoff 0-3, and Woodbury and Olaseni combined for 1 for 4.

White, Uhl, Jok, and Clemmons hit 17 of 19 from the FT line. The rest of the team was 3 for 11. Uthoff 0-3, and Woodbury and Olaseni combined for 1 for 4.
Wow...and of the first four listed, White missed both of those (front ends)...30+ pts would have been nice.

gotta do better than 20/30

but this team didn't fold even though after getting 5-7 pt leads and Illinois came back every time but finally iowa broke through and got the 5-7 pt lead up to 12. made an illanoy comeback to hard to do.

sometimes i wish when coaches see a cycle like that happen 3-4 times (or 3-4 times without scoring) that they use a time-out and get their lineup to focus on breaking the cycle. run a set play. change up defense.

Great win. It probably knocked Illinois out of tournament contention and solidified Iowa. More of a game that makes you relieved than celebratory, but definitely a good one. The Gesell dunk was amazing. Good for him.

Three games left. Don't stumble against a bad PSU team, and you're in pretty good shape.

Uthoff, outside of a couple jumpers, just seemed a little off tonight shooting(although great with the blocks)

I was just telling someone that Jok and Uthoff were not hitting the outside shots last night. But this may be a good thing. We got the win and both should be ready to have good shooting days Saturday at Penn State.

Looked through the game thread of the enemy last night. they were all thrilled that the orange krush was at CHA. LOL, congrats dudes. More LOL

Well that shows ya Iowa can win a tough game when not playing anywhere near their best or flawless ball. Iowa had way too many turnovers and missed free throws making it closer then it should have been. Not to mention some missed layups/dunk by Gabe. Can be argued Iowa should have won by 20 easy enough. And that was with Rice and that other little guy of theirs doing what they did. That kid impressed me he's tough and can score.

Latest posts