!*****Official 'I Don't Have The ESPN U Channel (IAvsPitt)' Game Thread*****!

I don't have a reddit account. Is there a fee for the streams?

Just establish an account and delete it after the game.....

Vin wanted me to try Reddit one time. I did and had to delete the account when people that were less than mere acquaintances in elementary school were trying to contact me.....

:cool:

Double digit favorites. We should win this.

Line: IOWA -11.0
O/U: 154
It's going to be a hell of a challenge to keep PITT's guards out of the lane. Very athletic and love to drive the ball. Their guards seem to want to push the tempo. They don't have much height and they don't shoot the ball very well from 3. One of their bench players shoots well from 3. That's about it. If we don't get sucked into old habits, slow the game down and pound the ball inside, we should win this game.

Sign up for a free 5 day trial of YouTube TV. ESPNU is included in their channel lineup. The quality is just as good as regular TV. You can watch on your smart TV or your laptop.

Can we just stop the season right here and spend the rest of the season talking about how we would have dominated the Big Ten and won the NCAA's instead of what I fear is really going to happen?

I don't have a reddit account. Is there a fee for the streams?

As Casey and Stanzi mentioned.....

Try Hulu TV, Youtube TV, PlayStation Vue, or DirecTV Now. All are free for 7 days. All have EspnU. Use them one at a time when the game is on the U over the season......

You might prefer one of the streaming services to Cable if that is what you have now.....

Sign up for a free 5 day trial of YouTube TV. ESPNU is included in their channel lineup. The quality is just as good as regular TV. You can watch on your smart TV or your laptop.

Love the TubeTV. The DVR service is very good.....

Never have had any problems at all. They even gave me a $20 discount one month when I couldn't get an Iowa football game that they had listed on the channel guide.....

Can we just stop the season right here and spend the rest of the season talking about how we would have dominated the Big Ten and won the NCAA's instead of what I fear is really going to happen?
Iowa seems to want to play defense this year...I am hopeful but with a healthy tint of reality.

Well, shit. Anyone know an online streaming of this game?

Opponent: Pittsburgh Panthers
Time: 8:05pm CST

Television: ESPN U
Play by Play: Jay Alter
Analyst: Brooke Weisbrod

Game Notes: https://hawkeyesports.com/documents/2018/11/26//PITT.pdf

Listen: https://hawkeyesports.com/watch/?Live=3964&type=Live

Stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=240676

If you have ESPN, you can stream ESPN U on the ESPN app. Well that is unless ESPN blocks that if you are on a TV tier that doesn't get ESPN U?

I made the switch around this time last year to stream and went with PSVue. It has worked well for me so far. I upgraded to the "Core" package which gives me every sports channel needed to watch the Hawks in football and basketball except for BTN+... That's a separate issue. It's $50 a month and comes with ABC, Fox, & CBS in my area(varies based on location). I can get NBC off a cheap antenna. Best of all, there is no contract, it's month to month so one can cancel after the basketball season ends and resubscribe once football season comes around again.

I'd recommend making the switch to streaming if you have access to a decent internet connection. The key is identifying which service offers the features and channel packages that best suit your wants/need in your area. Like others have mentioned, the free trials are a great way to explore what they all have to offer. Be sure to look into the TV, Roku, Fire Stick, gaming console, etc. that is needed to stream them. I haven't looked in awhile but I know TubeTV didn't have an app for the Fire Stick for example.

I guess the wifey and I are gonna go watch it at a bbq joint. Thanks for the input!

I'm assuming the answer's no, but do any of those streaming services (Hulu, YouTube, etc.) cover the BTNPlus we need for that one game in December?

Sounds way more fun than watching at home. On the BTN+ thing, but I think the answer is no. But I’m not 100% sure. Never stopped me from commenting before though. :)

I guess the wifey and I are gonna go watch it at a bbq joint. Thanks for the input!

I'm assuming the answer's no, but do any of those streaming services (Hulu, YouTube, etc.) cover the BTNPlus we need for that one game in December?

I have Sling, and no.

I'm watching on Roku TV. That's smart money saving device.
giphy.gif