******OFFICIAL game thread.*****

QB's job is to get the ball to the WR on time...that's at least a 30-35 yard throw and JVB put it in about a 2 foot window. If Davis didn't turn soon enough that's not on JVB.

I'm not going to defend KD, but that seems to happen to JVB more than any QB I see. It's not always the receivers fault is my only point. At some point if your receivers keep dropping passes it's about location and touch, you can't throw fastballs on every pass and expect your receivers to bail you out when it's off the mark. I don't know if that pass qualifies, but if there's a trend you need to look at both ends of the process.

I just got a tweet that Kirk is putting on a clinic about clock management during the off season. Supposedly Mike Leach has already committed.

FORUM QUESTION - What's that called when Iowa goes into the endzone and everyone jumps around and then they kick a field goal right after then a lot of commercials then they kick it to UNI. What's that called?

I'm not going to defend KD, but that seems to happen to JVB more than any QB I see. It's not always the receivers fault is my only point. At some point if your receivers keep dropping passes it's about location and touch, you can't throw fastballs on every pass and expect your receivers to bail you out when it's off the mark. I don't know if that pass qualifies, but if there's a trend you need to look at both ends of the process.

Completely agree. I just wanted to make the point that from where he threw that ball, there really isn't an option to put it in a spot where the WR has a chance to do a bunch of adjusting because that CB will turn around and we're in trouble. That throw into the boundary would have been a better play, but they went with the field throw.

Sidebar: Danan Hughes was on Balbinot and Brommelkamp yesterday and he was basically skewering the receivers for all the balls they were dropping...laying almost NO blame on JVB at all.

JVB is 10 of 13 - about an 8yd average per comp. I see now why colt mccoy had such a high % - short little dumps.

What would Kinnick hold if they filled in the gaps between the endzone and sideline stands? I'm going to guess just short of 80k...

Latest posts