*****OFFICIAL GAME THREAD***** Iowa -v- Purdue

Actually Kirk has been going for it on fourth down. I personally think it was a good decision, if we don't score they are deep in the hole with very little time remaining, feeling hopeless.....

Playing for excellent field position.....

I see your point but disagree with you on this one. 10-10 game. 4th and 3? Take the points. 13-10 with defense playing well.

Also the choice not to kick a field goal with a two touchdown lead (with a couple minutes left) was very questionable. If you are worried about a blocked kick, why do you go ahead and throw a pass that could have been picked off? We had basically an extra point attempt to completely lock up the game. Instead they get the ball back with a chance to score a touchdown and then attempt an onside kick with a chance to tie. Long odds on that happening but it was also long odds on them blocking a field goal and returning for a TD. Iowa seems to play every game close and our kicker is going to be needed in some tight games yet to be played. Yet we passed on giving him a couple more attempts that would have been great experience for the kid. Too me, just two more head scratchers as far as Ferentz coaching decisions.

Solid job CJ. Not fazed a whit by the pick 6 or drops.

Me neither. CJ was about six drops away from a helluva game. Numerous throws made in the game were of the "big time" arm variety.

Hard for me to believe the drops are receivers have. Put on a pair of receiver gloves and see if you can drop a ball. Hell, the ball will almost catch itself.

Latest posts